November 08, 2006

Catchin up on the Kids

The other day Gracie didn't have a nap. By the time 5pm rolled around she was wound up. She stole Suzanna's passy... as she loves to do ...and ran through the house at mach 10 trying to get us to chase her. I was fixing dinner and just let her run. About 10 minutes passed and I realized it was quiet. Chuck was in our room and I asked if she was in there watching TV, he said no. I looked down the hall and her closet light was on... its a walk in closet her toys are in ...but when I looked in the closet she wasn't there. Hummm ....once I turned around I realized something was on her bed. It was Gracie. She was curled up on her pillow, pacifier in mouth, sound asleep! Not good, it's 5:30 in the evening, she will never go to sleep at bed time if I let her continue to nap. I pulled the pacifier out of her mouth. Still asleep. I carried her out to the couch and talked to her. Still nothing.
I had to take Josh to basketball, Chuck was giving Suzanna a bath so I let Gracie sleep until I got back. 15 minutes later I came home to find Suzanna asleep on the floor and Gracie still on the couch. Ack ...it's 6:00, this is NOT GOOD.
Suzanna had been fed and bathed so I crossed my fingers and put her down for the night. I finally got Gracie up and did everything I could to keep her awake until 8:30. She was a little grouchy but not too bad. 8:30 came around and she went to sleep pretty easy. However, Suzanna was wide awake 4:30 am.... I was already in the shower so Chuck had to get up with her ...maybe next time he will do more to keep her awake in the early evening... :)

Josh played his first basketball game last night. The 7th grade team is the first year for cheerleaders. Looking at the boys compared to the girls....the girls are at least 3 inches taller. After the 7th grade game was the 8th grade game. When those boys came out....WOW what a difference a year makes. Anyway, Josh did good. He was more confidant than last year but he still needs to gain some strength.

And Caleb still doesn't know if Emily is his girlfriend... Emily's brother is on Josh's basketball team but she wasn't at the game last night... It's been what, 2 weeks since the "lunch room" incident and he hasn't talked to her. I guess being boyfriend/girlfriend means you don't speak to each other

Gracie runs around cheering Suzanna's name in the tone of a football game chant. "Suzie Nina. Dun, dun, dun" she calls her Suzie Nina cuz she can't say Suzanna ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your word pictures, I can picture it all - never a dull moment eh!! Love Mom