November 15, 2006

Facing the Giants

http://www.facingthegiants.com/
Facing the giants finally came to a theater close enough for me.... read about the movie and the making of, great story in itself ... My sister and bro in-law were in town so they went with the boys and I to see it.
In the first few scenes it was very apparent that this was a movie of amateur status. My sister... the sceptic writer ... was not buying the movie and vocal about her opinion. I laughed at her. Once the movie started laying the foundation of it's point, all scepticism dissolved. The message far out weighed the lack of acting experience and the characters became endearing.
The movie is about a high school football coach who experiences several set backs. He seeks God for the answer and what he finds and brings to the team is this: Give God your best, in every area. If we win, we praise Him. If we lose, we praise Him.
For the last few days I have been trying to apply this philosophy to my life and encouraging the boys to do the same. I have found that it is very difficult to grouch and give God my best at the same time. If I am thinking of doing my best for God, there is no room for negative thoughts.
The other night at Josh's game his team lost. Josh's body language was of negative motion. When we got home I asked him if stomping his feet and throwing his hands in the air was giving God his best. He said no, but I think he is starting to get my point.
At work I have made this my mission as well. IE: when little lady calls to complain about the man walking down a public street talking on a cel phone, or when so-and-so calls because they have locked their keys in their car for the upteenth time I will be polite... I am always polite, really, I am ...and not roll my eyes ... me, roll my eyes, I would never do such a thing. Ha! And when officers request I run some paper work for them, I will do it without comment ... because I never make sarcastic comments. Yeah, right. Whatever.
So, my point is this....win or lose, rich or poor I will give God my best. I will listen to the Voice of Truth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to seeing this movie; it sounds like you came away with wonderful guidelines to help walk a stronger Christian walk which will be a testimony to those around you, give you peace and bring Glory to our Lord. Good teachings for the boys and even Gracie at her young age. I'm very proud of you Bek, Love Mom