November 18, 2006

Grrr, I should have stayed in bed

Last night was a sleepless one ... Suzanna got shots and is cutting teeth...she hasn't slept good for about a week so I am a walking zombie ...When the alarm went off this morning I was sooo tempted to call in. But no, I got up like a good little girl and took my shower.

Out the door at 5:20 am the chilly air did wonders to wake me up. Northbound on a stretch of hwy that is either woods or fields so I am always watching for deer... since I've creamed 2 deer driving to work ... Up ahead in the darkness I see the flashing red/blues.

Getting closer I notice that the patrol car is on my side of the road and slow down... probably a traffic stop ... Hummm, about 10 yards south of the patrol car I notice a flash light clicking on/off on/off on/off ... what the heck?? Maybe the driver of the veh threw something out of the car window and the officer is looking for it ...

Closer now I see that it's not a cop with the flashlight. There is a guy standing on the white line clicking a flashlight... what the heck is this moron doing........ As that thought leaves my brain I glance down at the road........ WHAM!!!!!!! Right smack in the middle of the northbound lane is a big fat doe ... an already been hit big fat doe laying in the road like a huge speed bump ... CRAP!!! I wonder what kinda damage that did.

I wanted to pull over and smack that guy. I called in to work to see if the on duty dispatcher knew who was pulled over with a car/deer accident. He told me and I wanted to call and yell at him for letting that ding-bat stand along the road. Not only was the flashing light distracting but he was standing on the white line. So even I had seen the deer, where was I going to go? It was either hit the deer or run over him.

If he hadn't been there with that light I would have seen the deer with my own headlights...or if he had just left the light on and pointing at the deer my eyes would have looked to where the light was pointing..... Grrrrrr

The on duty dispatcher just laughed at me,
Dispatcher "What, a deer on the move too much challenge for you? Now you gotta run over the dead ones?
Me "Well, I just wanted to make sure it was dead."

I pulled into the gas station to get my morning mixture of coffee /cappuccino... yumm ...I looked at the front of my car and all I could see was some blood on the under carriage. Hopefully I wont have a leak or flat tire when I leave work this afternoon.

1 comment:

Cristina said...

At least you didn't get into an accident because of the deer! Glad you're OK.

And thanks for coming by my blog earlier. :)