Suzie: Chuck's mom bought some baby duckies to put on the pond. For the next few weeks she is keeping them in a box in the house so they will get used to people. Gracie and Suzie were so excited when she first brought them in. Gracie wanted everyone else to pick up and pet the ducks but she was hesitant. Suzie, on the other hand, couldn't keep her hands off the ducks.
Suzie kept leaning into the box, trying to smack the little duckies in the head. I picked one up for her to see. Faster than I could move, she snatched that poor duck by the head... screeching and babbling with excitement ...I'm trying to grab the duck's body, but Suzie has it's head clinched in her fist, flinging it around. Finally I get a hold of the duck and get Suzie to let go. She yelled at me and really let me have it when I put the duck back in the box.
Later Chuck's mom was holding a duck. She held it close to Suzie so she could give it a kiss. Suzie leaned forward and... gulp ... with her open mouth she put the duck's whole head in there. Edith screeched, "Suzie No". I was rolling on the floor laughing..... it was like an episode of Sylvester and Twittie
Last duck story.... We took them outside and filled a wash tub with water. Julia, Gracie and I were watching the duckies swim around. Suzie came over and started splashing her hand in the water. She looked up at me as if to say "forget splashing...", she hiked one leg up and started to get in the wash tub with the ducks.
Ok, now for a Gracie story. Over the weekend Gracie and I went shopping... that is a post all it's own ... I bought her a pretty pink dress. Last night after her bath she decided she wanted to put on her pink tights. I agreed and suggested she try on her new dress too. Chuck put on her tights.... he actually did quite well for a man putting pantyhose on a girl ...I put her dress on and her new sandals ...with heals....it was the only pair I could find....what 2 yr old needs heals on sandals??? ...As she starts to walk down the hall... slip, wobble, slip, slide ....Poor girl, trying to learn to walk with a heal. She grabbed hold of the end of her dress and twirled a bit. Smiling she looks at me and says, "I want to go to kurch (church) and sing!" I laughed and tried to explain that Church was over. She twirled some more and again insisted, "I want to go to kurch and SING!"
She finally gave up on that when a new idea hit her. "I wanna watch Cinnerella!" At the same time Chuck and I both said, "You want to watch Cinderella?" ...She's 2 1/2!!....how does she associate these things already??? We put in Cinderella and she laid in our bed to watch it. Her eyes went from the TV to her dress, TV to her dress... she would smooth her dress down, smile, then put her attention back to the TV. Man-o-man, am I in trouble!!
It also blew me away that she wanted to go to Church. With my job, I work a lot of Sundays so we don't make it to church very often.... especially since they cancelled Saturday night Church ...She's not even three and hasn't been to Church all that much, but she knows we dress up and go to Church to sing. It also made me feel so bad that I don't get to take her to Church. I am continuing to trust God to open something up so I can have more Sundays off....
March 28, 2007
Lil Bit O Funnies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Cute stories! Better keep your eyes on those girls... and those ducks! :o)
I just HAD to share this with you! It has been weighing on my heart as well that I have to work Sundays and the kids haven't been to Church in months.
I had the kids at the pool last night and ran into an acquaintance who told me about a church in a nearby town that had SATURDAY NIGHT services. I checked it out and we are going tonite. I am so JAZZED. We'll see how it goes!
I love your stories...especially chowing on Baby Ducks. LOL! Too FUNNY!
Post a Comment