June 05, 2007

A Lesson In Vocabulary

Gracie has really been cracking me up lately. For the past few weeks she has come up with this 'southern' accent, I have no idea where it came from. I thought I would take this opportunity to share her pronunciations and sentence structure...... I will do my best to spell her words the way she says them
Eggs------- Yeggs...............Mommy can I have sum 'yeggs'
Will-------- Wheel..............I said I 'wheel' dueit (do it)
Papaw----- PayPaw...........Can we go see 'Paypaw'?
Daddy----- DayDee............Where me 'Daydee' go?
Trash------ krassh.............I frow (throw) it in 'krassh'
Park------- Powrk..............Can we go to play 'powrk'?
Chocolate-- Clock-o-lit.......I want sum 'clock-o-lit' me-ilk (milk)
Swing------whing................Let's go 'whing'
Girl--------Guerl.................I'm DayDee's 'geurl'
4 wheeler--Follow Wollow..Can-nI ride the 'follow wollow'

A new thing this week.... which she must have picked up from the older girls at day care ...."Yo me bess-ff-ffevour-n-evour" ....that is best friend forever and ever....

The other day I was talking to my sister on the phone. Gracie kept asking me if I knew where her 'ribbits' were (her stuffed frog). I shrugged my shoulders but I guess that wasn't good enough for her. She stands on the foot stool, gets nose to nose with me, her big blue eyes staring right into mine and says, "WHERE ME RIBBITS GO?" .....after my ears stopped ringing... "I don't know, Gracie."

4 comments:

Rachel Hauck said...

LOL!

Rachel

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the vocabulary lesson, it will help when Grandma and I are up there next week. :o) LOL
Looking forward to seeing you all next week.
Love Mom

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

oh my gosh - what a doll she is. I loved the pronunciation key. She is a little cherub! And there ain't nuthin wrong with a southern accent :)
Dana

Wadical said...

Amen, Dana. Took the words right out of my mouth!

Rebekah, "Southern" is a dialect of English that is limited to an elite class of select and privleged few. Like music, baby...sweeeeet music!