The other night I took the kids down to the bowling alley. They remodeled over the summer and the boys have been itchin' to get in there. Josh and Caleb were getting their shoes, Gracie was quietly observing her surrounding and Suzie was running from seat to seat.... oh boy, a wide open place to "Wun" (run)....
The attendant got their lane up and running. Gracie kept wanting to stand on the lane with them as they bowled. I explained to her that she wasn't allowed on the lane but could stand right at the line and watch them. Suzie spied 'Wracie' and ran over to her. Josh was up. He held his ball for a second and then tossed it down the lane.... rolling, rolling, rolling.... crash!
Suzie's eyes got wide and her mouth gaped open with surprise. She looked back at me, a toothless grin spread across her face. Turning her attention back to the game she crouched down next to 'Wracie' and watched 'Cabub' (Caleb) bowl. With every crash of the ball into the pins her face lit up with glee.
Suzie's interest in watching them bowl was over rather quickly. She began to wonder from lane to lane. In an attempt to keep her from bothering other bowlers I took her over the look at the arcade games. We walked from game to game... Golf (bluh), Racing (ehe), some sort of shoot-em-up game (nah).... As my gaze turns to the next machine... cue music... I catch my breath.... could it be? Is it true?... To my great delight there sat 'Mrs P*cman'... oh the tears of joy and excitement.... Oh, Mrs P*cman! How I have missed you! snif snif... Taking a quarter from my purse, I turn back to the large, black box... clink... Down goes my token.... Bleep! Wuaka, wuaka, wuaka....
Holding Suzie in one arm and maneuvering the joy stick with the other. Suzie quickly gets restless and wants to get her hands on the red handle.... after all, I'm supposed to be entertaining her, not me... Suzie grabs the joy stick and I place my hand over hers, helping her guide Mrs P*man. She just thinks this is the greatest thing since chocolate milk..... Oh, no. Here comes the little red ghost. Run Mrs. P*cman. Run!.... Blurp.... Suzie smacks the game table and says, "Ohh, Man!" (think Swiper from Dora)
September 25, 2007
Ohh, Man
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
Mrs. Pac Man!!! I loved that game. that brings back memories..and your telling of the sound effects is so right on. Pretty funny. I remember after school, we used to go to the arcade to play. oh, those were the days weren't they?
Aww, Suzie patootie is saying everyone's names! She is so cute! Guess she'll be described with a "toothless grin" for a few more years, huh? lol
Hee hee. We're AFRAID of Swiper around here. Not allowed to leave Bean's side when he's on the screen. That's cute though. AW MAN!
I remember Ms PacMan. I loved that game too! Sounds like a good time for everyone!
Too cute!! Suze is so cute; I can't wait to hear her talking, sounds so cute. Sounds like everyone had fun.
Love to you all Mom/Mamaw
I remember sitting down at that game when they made them in a table-kinda-format... good times...
That's too cute!
My daughter "plays" video games with her big brother Sean, which in essence means she holds the 2 player controller and pushes buttons while he actually plays. Their latest game? The PS2 3-d version of Pac-Man, it's WAY COOL!
Post a Comment