Chuck and I took the girls to the Mall Saturday after I got home from work... the boys were with their dad... Gracie needed a new coat and I figured I better get one before she actually needs one. She, of course, had to have a 'pink' one.
Standing in JC P3nney I had her try on a couple. She picked the one she liked but then Chuck had to point out that the other coat had a little pink purse that went with it. Well, she had to have that one.... at $20 more than the first one she picked... Rollin my eyes...
We didn't hang out in the Mall too long. Gracie wanted to be carried... too heavy, and Suzie wanted to walk... too slow... We have two strollers but left them both at home. Instead, in the back of the van was Chuck's bowling bag. It's a large bag with wheels and a pull handle. I guess we could've put the girls in there and pulled them around.
After shopping we got a bite to eat at a steak house. On the table was a bucket of peanuts. Chuck, Gracie and I were eating some peanuts and Suzie decided she wanted some too. I crunched open the shell and handed her the peanut. Suzie examined the peanut and threw it on the floor. I tilted my head, raising one eyebrow at her, cracked open another shell and gave her a peanut. Again, she examined the peanut, threw it on the floor and motioned for another peanut. This time I just handed her the entire peanut, shell and all. Suzie looked it over, pulled it up to her mouth and chewed on the shell.
On the way home we passed a psychic store. I noticed on the front door there was a neon sign "closed". I thought to myself, "hmmm. If they were a good psychic they wouldn't need to have scheduled business hours. They should 'know' when someone is going to stop in."
Settling down for bed time, Gracie was sitting in bed with Chuck and I watching tv. Flipping through channels we stopped at Bull Riding. Gracie wanted to watch the 'cows'. Chuck said, "Those are bulls, not cows." So every time they would show a new bull Gracie would say, "Iz that a Buoo (bull), Daddy?"
One of the riders got kicked off 2 seconds out of the chute. Gracie said, "Why he fell off that Buoo?" Chuck replied, "He didn't fall off. He got kicked off." Just then they show the instant replay. Innocently Gracie said, "Hey, he got kicked off agin!"
September 16, 2007
A Saturday Afternoon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
It sounds like a very nice day for you all. Kinda relaxing and just being together as a family - very good.
Love Mom/Mamaw
Kids are so funny!
I am always amazed everyday at the things my daughter comes up with. I always let her pick what shape she would like her sandwich cut into (square, triangles).... well, yesterday she says, "I want a pentagon Mommy!"
Sure.
What a fun day. When my kids were younger we were at one of those steak houses with peanuts and mu husband was persuading Andy (my son) that the peanuts were meant to be eaten whole. He ate a few himself to show him. Andy tried one and we all laughed. It's one of those memories that still makes me laugh, and your story brought it to mind again.
The psychic thing was funny. Also, cute about the peanuts. We went to Texas Roadhouse on SAturday night for my dad's birthday and that is one of those places they have the nuts on the tables. I usually eat too many of those things (well, that and the rolls) and then I'm not that hungry for dinner!
Sounds like you had a relaxing weekend.
Being a psychic may be a good job opportunity... make your own hours, wear pjs all day, work from home, tell everyone that if they don't listen to you then they'll end up unhappy and so they need to listen to you more often... sounds a lot like being a mom??
Sounds like a good, peaceful weekend. Kids can come up with some really cute stuff, Huh?
Post a Comment