My sister and her husband came up for Thanksgiving this year... Rachel and Tony... The kids were all excited to see them, especially Gracie. Last year Rachel let Gracie play with her make up.... and Gracie didn't forget that.
Wednesday evening Gracie asked to play with Rachel's make up. Wanting to be the best Aunt in the world, Rachel willingly turned over her make up purse. Gracie pulled out item by item, asking Rachel what each compact/stick/brush was for.
I sat quietly on the couch, not wanting to ruin this Aunt/Niece moment, but waiting for disaster.... waiting for what can only lead to a make up spotted carpet... Gracie patted her face, brushed her cheeks and lined her lips. She looked up from her "Art Class" long enough for me to catch a glimpse of her face. Gracie had a vertical line of blue over her eyes. "She looks like Alice Cooper" I laughed. Rachel stated in defense, "No she doesn't" And then Tony piped in, "This is the Alice Cooper school of make up".... Don't you want to send you kids??
*~*
We did have a good time. Lots of food. Lots of TV. Lots of lazy. Oh yeah, we did squeeze in a few games of Euchre. The Girls won! Can I get a "Yeah Baby!" We didn't just win. We smoked 'em! Rachel had the HOT hand.
*~*
Tony and Rachel headed south this morning, stopping at Mom's for an overnight. I am back at work catching up on e-mails and blogs.
I did do a good deed this morning. I stopped at the local Gas-N-Sip to get my morning coffee/cappuccino mix. A couple of hunters were getting some coffee too. They checked out before me, got into their car and were just getting ready to back out when I walked out to my van.
I waved my hand in the air at them, pointing to my coffee cup. Their windows were still frosted up so I had to get right in front of the car for them to see me. The driver put the car in park and opened his door. I held my coffee cup in the air and pointed to the roof of his car. There sat the passengers freshly brewed cup of coffee. The driver smiled at me, "Ah man. You are a life saver." He grabbed his friends cup and got back in the car.
I'm sure his friend would not have been happy to sit in the cold, waiting on a deer, with no hot coffee.
November 24, 2007
The Alice Cooper School Of Make Up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
Very cute about the makeup! What a good aunt. :)
I found your blog and thought that through some of your interests you expressed that you would be interested in mine.
www.asizableapple.com
It's updated daily about women's health and fitness for all ages.
Please come check it out!
- Dana
Hey, I made sure she didn't open any containers that "spilled." LOL.
I AM a great auntie!
Thanks, we had a great time.
Rachel
Alice Cooper is a really cool guy!
But yeah, no, I wouldn't want my kids wearing make up like his, that would be... weird :)
Glad you had a good time!
I would have liked to see a picture of that make up job! Sounds like a fun day.
The makeup sounds like something my sister would do...if I had girls! Our Thnaksgiving was pretty much the same. Lots of relaxing and hanging out. We also played cards..ten point pitch. That was probably the best part. We all love a good game of cards. Especially when we win! Yeah baby!
You know I literally drove the 2 miles from my Mom's house to home with the diaper bag on my trunk..... AND IT STAYED!!
I hate Mom brain sometimes!!!
so cute, did you get any pictures? So glad you all had such a good time - and knowing you, you would try to save someone's coffee for them - good deed.
Love Mom
Post a Comment