November 18, 2007

Sing-A-Sunday

With all the cleaning I did this week I didn't get very far with making this into any kind of linky thing. With the Holiday season upon us I will probably wait til the New Year to get organized with this. But I did have a song this week. Actually I had two songs to post but I'll save one of them for another time.

Julia was over Monday night. She went with me to pick up Caleb from practice and she plugged in her iP0d into my car jack. She played a song that I had wanted to get so when we got back home I opened up my iTun&s. While searching for the song I came up with another song that I hadn't heard in a long time.

My dad always liked this song. He used to say "Ah, this is a Great song!" While I listened to it that evening it reminded me of him sitting at his roll top desk writing out bills and such. I loved that desk. It had all kinds of little drawers and compartments. One of the drawers had a few keys in it and I loved to play with those keys..... I have no idea why... There was a skeleton style key that was for one of the drawers. I was only about 5 or 6 and I thought that key was a magical key. To me, that desk was the coolest thing ever!

Well, here is the song that sparked the memory


Silly Love Songs
Paul McCartney

You'd think that people
Would have had enough
Of silly love songs
I look around me and I see it isn't so
Some people wanna fill the world
With silly love songs
And what's wrong with that?
I'd like to know
'cause here I go again
I love you, I love you
I can't explain the feeling's plain to me;
Can't you see?
Ah, she gave me more,
She gave it all to me now can't you see?
What's wrong with that?
I need to know
'cause here I go again
I love you, I love you
Love doesn't come in a minute
Sometimes it doesn't come at all
I only know that when I'm in it
It isn't silly, love isn't silly,
Love isn't silly at all
How can I tell you about my loved one?
How can I tell you about my loved one?

4 comments:

Scoobers said...

It brings me back to when I was little, riding around in my parents big blue car or weeding the back yard in the summer time.

I am going to have to download this now. :)

Mari said...

I like that song too - it brings me back to when I was in junior high, working on the blueberry farm and hearing it playing in the field as I picked. That's the great thing about songs - they can bring you right in time.

Anonymous said...

I remember that song good one, nice and catchy- I think I sang one of their other songs for a couple of weddings, it was called something like White Satin or something like that I think.

I still hae that desk. . . .

Love you Mom

Megan Cobb said...

That's a great song! It reminds me of car rides with my parents in the summertime... My sister an dme in the back seat, off to the pool in our swimsuits, sitting on our towels to keep the hot seat from burning our bummies. So much fun. Great song - really great! :)