Wednesday I was a Dispatcher. Thursday I was a Mom-on-a-field trip. Today I am helping Chuck put on a roof.
I've helped Chuck roof before but it's been about 4 or 5 years.... just to clarify, Chuck is a volunteer firefighter trying to get on a paid department. In the meantime he has his own construction business... I don't mind roofing, it's kinda fun..... give me a nail gun and some shingles and let me go to town... Sch Zap, Sch Zap, Sch Zap! (that's the sound of the nail gun)
Anyway, about 5:30 this morning Indiana had an earthquake... 5.4 on the Richter scale.... I think the exact center of the quake was in Illinois, but tremors were felt all the way across to Cincinnati. Chuck's fire pager went of this morning with a message about reporting any damage in the area.... who can go back to sleep after that... Chuck sat up in bed out of a deep sleep, "Is that even possible?"
Getting woke up like that was disorienting and had a flash panic ...Should I go grab the kids or what... After a quick breath I regained my sense, "Yes it can happen. We sit pretty close to a fault line"
So I am off now, to go kapowy on some shingles.
April 18, 2008
Today- My Construction Hat and 5.4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





10 comments:
We, you and I, started our day the same way. I posted about the earthquake also. I am certain it was any where near as intense for us as it was for you. My kids didn't even wake up from it.
Crazy day.
Smiles!
I didn't feel that earthquake like Jennifer did and she only lives about 5 miles from me. Michigan did have a little one that I felt about 20 years ago and it was a strange feeling. I don't think I'd do to well in California! Happy Roofing!
Oh my goodness...I've never heard of such a thing...an earthquake in Indiana?! WOW!
You are a woman of many many talents! LOL
One of the things I love best about roofing is that it is one of the few jobs that can be done in a day, has noticeable improvements, and doesn't take all that much experience to master.
Still, chicks with nail guns... in a I-know-you're-married-and-everything-but-that-is-still-kinda-hot way.
I thought you may have felt that - you are something else - roofing today eh?? You take after yo mama - I would've tried stuff like you do if I had been in your shoes.
Love you much
That sounds like fun...a good way to get some aggression out :)
Congrats on the clean van, it's fun reminicing on the old you isn't it?
Have a great day!
My mom still lives in Indiana and she slept right through it! She lives about 45 minutes south of Indy...
I love a gal who isn't afraid of a nail gun! You go girl!
wow, an earth quake? how exciting!
I think I felt it here! My husband is making fun but I really think I did.
I tagged you on my blog if you want to take part!
Jen
Post a Comment