Pull shirt from dryer. Fold. Place on top of washer. Pull jeans from dryer. Fold. Place on top of washer. Pull another shirt from dryer. Fold. Place on top of washer. Pull shorts from dryer. Fold. Place on top of washer.... repeat repeat repeat...
Enter Suzie: "What ewe do, Mawmy?"
Me: "Foldin clothes, Suze"... Pull another shirt from dryer. Fold. Place on dryer...
Suzie: "Kin I hewp ewe?"
Me: "Sure!"... Pulling a pair of Chuck's undies from the dryer.... my brain clicks and a smile creeps across my face... "Want to take this pair of 'panties' to Daddy?" ....Chuck just got out of the shower and I knew he would be getting dressed soon...
Suzie: Okay... Suzie grabbed the undies. Skipped down the hall. Twirling the undies over her head like a cheer-rag and sang... "DaaaaDeeee. I got yo PaaaanTeeees."
giggle, smirk smirk.... Wait for it... wait for it...
Chuck's voice echos down the hall, "That's NOT. FUNNY. BEcky!" ...TeeHeeHee... yeah, it is... chuckle, chuckle...
And I am certain that Chuck explained to Suzie that boys don't' wear 'panties'
Pull jeans from dryer. Smile. Fold. Place on top of washer. Smile. Pull shirt from dryer. Smile. Fold. Place on top of washer. Smile....
June 07, 2008
Because Folding Clothes Is Mind-Numbingly Boring
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





12 comments:
My husband has finally accepted that he wears "panties". It is just to hard to explain to 4 daughters why his undies are called anything different. My mother in law is appalled (which actually makes it even more fun!) ;)
Too funny! I can see why you were smiling.
Great post writerly wise. Good opening and ending. You're good!
Rachel
That's funny, my husband is always correcting ME because I find myself calling my little boys underwear panties. It is just habit.
LOL..I did the same thing to Rocky!
Funny! Nothing like a little humor to make the every day mundane work fun!
hehe, whatever it takes to get through the job, hey?
That is hilarious. I laughed so hard!
LOL, I love it Bek,
I got as far as "Pull jeans from dryer" this weekend and immediately began cursing as I realized we will have to buy a new dryer. C'MON TAX REBATE!!!!
That is hil-freakin-larious!! Chris would have about the same response. (snicker, snicker) Think I'll have to try it on him :)
LOL, you crack me up!
Post a Comment