July 28, 2008

Chicken And Rice

I'm not one to post a lot of recipes but I fixed this a few weeks ago and all my family loved it. I am going to fix it tonight and add some green peppers to it. It's a pretty basic recipe that I think anything left over or found in the pantry would work great... I bet chopped broccoli would be good in this too...

*note*
I am pretty sure I got this recipe off some TV program because I had it jotted down on a little sticky note. Usually if I find it on the internet/blog, I copy, paste and print it out- So if I actually got this off your blog, I apologize for not giving credit where credit is due*

CHICKEN AND RICE DISH

INGREDIENTS

Med onion
Mushroom
Rice
Chick Broth
Parmesan Cheese/ however much you like
Chicken/ boil or use left overs/ shred with fork

INSTRUCTIONS

Saute Onion in large skillet
Cook Mushrooms in Chicken Broth for 2 or 3 min
Add Mushrooms to Onions
Add Rice to Mush/Onion and toast a little
Add heated Chick Broth a little at a time for 20 min
Add Parmesan and shredded Chicken


See this is why I think I got it off tv, I don't have the rice measurements. I'm thinking I used either 2 cups of rice or whatever amount of rice went along with 2 cups of liquid... I guess go by the instructions on whatever box of rice you choose...

6 comments:

Rachel Hauck said...

Looks yummy!

Rachel

Rebekah said...

Hey Rach, this is something even YOU can make ;)

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Sounds yummy, I love the idea of toasting the rice!
Have a wonderful week girl, thanks for sharing.

Mari said...

It sounds good! Those tv ones often are!

Megan Cobb said...

Delish! Now you're all set for the casserole post coming up while I'm out on "maternity leave." Keep an eye out for it.

Unknown said...

Sounds yummy!!