July 16, 2008

Ruby's Fountain

Several weeks ago I posted about the little bunnies Aunt Angel bought for Gracie and Suzie. We still keep them in their cage inside the house but the are getting bigger... "biggah" as Gracie would say... every day. We are patiently waiting for Daddy to build them a hutch outside... me especially because they stink up my house...

The other afternoon, Gracie helped me take the cage outside so we could let the bunnies out for some exercise. Gracie reached in the cage and started petting Ruby's back. She quickly pulled her hand back and scrunched up her nose, "Ewww! Ruby peed"

I turned to look at her. "How could she have peed on her back?" I asked

"I don't know." Gracie paused and thought for a second. "Maybe it squirted up like a fountain."

.... lol, where does she come up with this stuff .... I assured her that Ruby didn't pee on her back, that it was probably wet from where she rubbed up against her water bottle.


****Update on my thyroid issue****
Yesterday morning I called the first Dr I visited to see if they had my results yet and if the Dr could refer me to an Endocrinologist. She checked on my results, conferred with the Dr and called me back that afternoon.

The results came back good... no cancerous cells found... And the Dr agreed to refer me on. They are going to forward all my information to a Dr at the University of Cincinnati. She is specialized in the glands and hormones in the body. I feel comfortable that she will have plenty of information for me and that her decision will be a well educated one. So now I just have to wait for her office to contact me for an appointment.

9 comments:

Megan Cobb said...

That's great news so far! I'll be checking in for further updates. Hope the appt is SOON.

Sharon Hayes said...

Thyroid news is good - and I'm so glad for the Dr. referral, sounds good too.

Gracie so cute - how funny and as your said WHERE does she come up w/those ideas.

Love Mom

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Yea, but maybe one of the OTHER bunnies peed on Ruby's back. ha - just kidding.

Good news on the thyroid issue. I'm glad they didn't find any cancerous cells! That is a relief.

Hope they call you for an appt soon.

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

I've been behind on your blog and I'm just catching up. Also, I just realized that I never made a link to your blog from mine--fixed that today. Actually, yours is one of my favorite in the "Girlie Blog" category.

AlaneM said...

Oh I'm tearing up over here, what GREAT news!

And Gracie is just too cute...a fountain, ha!

Mari said...

Yeah! That is great news. I'm so happy for you. Love the bunny story too.

Simply Stork said...

I don't usually comment here but...that is good news...whew!

~simply~

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Cutie Gracie:)
Thanks for the update, good news! I hope that they have some answers for you soon.

Unknown said...

Hey girlfriend, I am waaaayyyyyy behind on reading posts so I am playing catch up today! This is great news about your thyroid (that I read in this post anyway - don't know if you have posted anything more recent.)