July 31, 2008

A Wave Of The Magic Wand

Saturday afternoon Josh and Caleb went to a picnic with their dad. Caleb won two little plastic batons to give girls. Gracie and Suzie had a ball twirling and waving the instruments until all the silvery strands were ripped off the ends. But that didn't matter, they still twirled and waved... the batons were toys du jour...

We went out to Chuck's parents and of course the girls had to bring their batons. Sitting out by the barn enjoying the warm but breezy evening, Gracie started waving her baton like a magic wand. She bonked Edith on the head, "I made you 'sa-peared' Mamaw"

"What did you say, Gracie?" I laughed "Its' 'DIS-A-Peared' not SA-peared"

Gracie continued to play with her wand, making things 'Sa-peared'. Edith played along and bonked Suzie in the head with her baton, "Oh NO! Where did Suzie go!? I made her DISAPPEAR!" Edith pretended she could not see Suzie, "Suzie? Where did you go?"

Gracie hopped over, anxious to get in on the playing. "Here Mamaw" Gracie bonked Suzie on the head, "I 'Sa-Peared' her back so you can see her."

5 comments:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

Remember the show Soap when Burt (played by Richard Mulligan) thought he could make himself disappear by snapping his fingers? That was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Personally, I've always wished that I could fly or disappear--or BOTH! Imagine the fun you could have (and the trouble you'd get into).

Lynda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Awwww, that's precious! I remember when my son (who is now 26) used to "hide" behind the screen of his playpen and think that we couldn't see him! He knew he could see us, but for some reason thought he was invisible!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Hee hee! I wish I could sa'pear this morning, Girly won't leave me alone! They are awfully cute though, aren't they?

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh yeah, that is 32 flavors of cuteness alright!