August 29, 2008

Healing Nicely

The healing process is moving along nicely. I wanted to post these pictures with my post from yesterday but Josh took my camera to school. He is taking a digital design class this year and seems to be enjoying it.

The first picture was taken Tuesday after we got home. Chuck said he expected me to come out of surgery looking like a baseball thread. They stitched the inside of the incision but glued the outside... I've been Super Glued!... If you look below the incision you can see my chest starting to bruise.

I took this picture Wednesday right before bed... so about 30 hours after surgery... I had to apply peroxide several times a day which cleaned up the look of the incision, but it is probably the most swollen in this picture.
Today, the swelling is almost completely gone. My neck isn't quite as red either. After time, the scar will fit right in with the normal crease in my neck. I am going to try some scar cream. Anybody have any good suggestions (or brands I should stay away from?)
I've been up and moving around but with Mom here, I can take a break when I start to feel weak. Mom leaves in the morning and I go back to work... but thanks to the night shift dispatcher, he is going to fill in a couple hours so I don't have to work a full day...

Hope every one had a great week. I'll catch up with you this weekend.

8 comments:

Jonatha said...

We used mederma on my oldest for her scar. It made a huge difference while we were using it, but I always forget about it. I need to use it again. It was $20 for a tube, but it lasts a long time. Congrats on coming through so quickly!

Mari said...

It's healing very nicely! I haven't used any of the scar creams so I've nothing to say about them, but my SIL had this surgery last year and her scar is barely seen now - only if you know it's there do you see it.

Melissa Stover said...

oh my goodness! does anyone comment and think you were attacked?

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hi and that I read your blog faithfully. I'm a 911 dispatcher in South Dakota and I love your stories!

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Wow, that is a big scar...but it does look like it is healing nicely! I've been thinking about you - sorry I've been absent. I hadn't blogged since Tuesday cause I've been sick (and a little heartbroken too...) so I'm trying to get caught up now before I leave for Washington DC on Tuesday (for work).

Glad you are doing good. I hope you are doing ok being back at work with your mom gone. :)

Shelly said...

You are healing very nicely. I don't know of any scar cream names. But, I have heard that it works pretty good.

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

You are healing well! I hope you are feeling better day by day as well. Been thinking of you.

AlaneM said...

My friend who had neck surgery in HS used vitamin E. She just poked them with a pin & rubbed it on the scar & it worked great.

I loved the worm story, they are so cute! It's fun to see how tobacco is farmed - I live in wheat country & when the kids are old enough to really get it we're going to take them through a whole planting season at a friends farm. I can't wait for it, I love finding out how stuff happens.