September 16, 2008

Santa In September

I know a secret.... shhhhh... I know what Santa and his Elves do in the off season. They drive around in big white Utility trucks with large buckets extended over top them. Incognito, they put on hard hats and wear neon green, glow-in-the-dark safety vests. They may fool the children with these costumes, but the Adults know who they are.

I saw some of Santa's helpers yesterday afternoon. They were down the street cutting up fallen trees and removing limbs from power lines... I bet they use that wood to make toys for Christmas... The kids didn't recognize them, but the Adults stood out on the street and waved... we were as kiddy as 6 year olds on Christmas Eve...

I went to sleep last night hoping that Santa would have paid our house a visit over night- but not yet. Maybe he will leave a surprise while we are all at work today... I'm so excited. I can't wait...

4 comments:

Mari said...

I love it! That is really how you feel when the power is out.

Anonymous said...

Heh heh heh!!! Love ya!

Unknown said...

Yep, know exactly how you feel! After hurricane Ivan 4 years ago we had no power for 2 weeks....awww man, we drove over an hour away one day just to find a restaurant with power so we could sit in AC and eat at hot home-cooked meal comfortably without sweating to death! :-)

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Good elves!
Sounds like things have been pretty exciting around there. Glad to hear that everyone is safe and sound.
Thanks so much for your congrats and prayers. Baby and I are doing really well.
Kristen