Watching a movie on Tv, the couple embraced in a romantic kiss... a PG kiss. OK, maybe some where between PG and PG 13...
Gracie is very observant of relationships so the on-going kiss caught her attention. She paused mid-play and stared at the Tv. Tilting her head to the side, a shy expression crossed her face.
The kiss still lingering, Gracie turned to me and crinkled her nose, "Why are they kissing?"
Shrugging my shoulders, "I guess because they love each other" Gracie turned her attention back to the Tv. I paused for a second then continued, "Daddy and I kiss."
Turning her eyes back to me, nose still crinkled, "Yeah, but your married."
For the brief second that she watched the show, she had no way of knowing if the couple was married or not. But it amazed me that she even considered the difference between being married and not married... Lets just hope and pray she keeps this line of thinking until she, herself, is married. Of course if her Daddy has anything to do with it, she wont date until she's 30...
November 18, 2008
Simplicity Of Innocence
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
How cute. It's so funny that they are so little yet understand so much (in a away).
ha ha, so cute! I love how they are so curious at that age!! They understand more than we know, I'm sure! =)
What a wonderful thought process and observation. I agree - I pray she keeps this perspective. Hug her tight for me.
start them young...i say. i just bought the book, the princess kiss for my girls for christmas. it's a book on saving your precious kisses. it's so cute...
It's pretty cool that she's thinking that way. A lot of kids wouldn't even realize there's a difference!
Smart girl! Your question about designs... I didn't know that I had any! LOL I just find stuff from google. I would love to learn more!
It's wonderful that she has that precious childlike understanding that something like kissing is so special it should be saved for the ONE you're married to. It's obvious you're doing a lot right parenting your children!
Post a Comment