Not really a sleigh as much as it's a 4 wheeler... whoo hoo... But it's mine... not totally mine as I'm sure the kids will ride it more than me...
I have mentioned to Chuck several times that I wanted another 4 wheeler. Chuck's is too big for my short little arms and narrow shoulders, plus we could always use an extra 4 wheeler when we play ball tag.
I had asked for a new video camera or a lap top for Christmas, but I knew a 4 wheeler could be a possibility too.
About a week ago I saw some keys lying on the counter. "What's these?" I asked
"To the gun cabinet" Chuck replied with a "stay out of there tone"... ah- he's hiding my present in there...
Just messing around with him, wanting to see the expression on his face I eyed the cabinet, "Hum, You cant put a 4 wheeler in there."
"Ha!" is the only reply I got as Chuck snatched the keys off the counter. Little did I know that he really did get a 4 wheeler and he thought I knew. He thought maybe the store had sent a post card or form of some sort. He even questioned the store clerk when he picked up the 4 wheeler.
Christmas night... I did have a good rest of the day after my depressing day at work... I took my kids along with Brandon and Julia to the movies... we saw Bed Time Stories- it was cute and funny... Before we went to the movies we stopped off and saw Chuck for about an hour.
Julia wanted to see their sleeping quarters so I asked Chuck. He hem-hawed, then asked the guys, "They cant go in there, can they?" All the guys piped up, "Uh, no. No one's allowed back there after hours." Which I totally bought. They have this weird rule about laying down at 4pm to take a nap but you cant get under to covers til 8pm- Anyway, I figured it had something to do with being respectful of the other guys if they wanted some private time in their own quarters.
Truth be told, the reason they didn't want us to go back there is because My 4 wheeler was in there. The guys thought is was curious why I wanted to see where they sleep- they thought maybe I knew. But after we left, Chuck told them it was Julia that wanted to see it- and if she went in, he figured we'd all go in.
Friday morning, after Chuck got home and before the kids got up, he asked me to help carry out some trash. There, on the other side of my van, was my shinny red 4 wheeler. I was excited, but not very surprised- Chuck thought I knew all along, but I didn't (not for certain, anyway)
So after the kids opened their presents, Chuck fixed breakfast... biscuits and gravy, not my favorite thing but it was good... We cleaned up around the house and after lunch we loaded up my 4 wheeler and went out to the farm.
We've had some warm, rainy few days so needless to say, my pretty 4 wheeler is no longer shinny, and not very red... lots of mud... I rode it more than Chuck did so I guess it could have been much worse.
I do like it. It is much easier for me to handle and all I have to do to shift gears is push a button (no clutch). So although Christmas day didn't start out the best, I had a pretty good Christmas- so did Chuck and the kids.
December 27, 2008
My Little Red Sleigh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
You'll have so much fun with that - what a great gift!
I have never even been on one but it looks like fun! Glad you had a decent day after all.
Glad you had a great day after and a great gift!
OMG! You lucky, lucky girl! I love ATV's! We have two big green ones and I love riding more than the boys!
I know you all will have lots of fun -but now I'll talk as your mom - wear helmets!! I just learned of a very sad 4-wheeler accident & the guy was wearing a helmet.
iwantoneiwantoneiwantoneiwantoneiwantoneIWANTONE!!!!ormaybetwo...
orthree...
orfour...
I'm glad your Christmas got better! Sling some mud for me!
Will
What a fun present!! Wish I had one...but I don't know where we'd put it!
Now how cool is that!! Have fun fun fun!
Post a Comment