February 11, 2009

Wordless Wednesday- Signs Of Spring

Cardinals are my all time favorite bird. Their beautiful color just pops. They are so bright and cheery... not to mention my Grandma was a bird watcher and she liked this bird too...

I spotted this little fellow yesterday across the street. His bright red wings popped against the back drop of winter gray. I just had to snap his picture. Its not very clear as I had to zoom all the way in, then try to hold my hand steady.

As much as I love Spring, there are things about warming weather that I cant stand. The winter thaw blues

I stepped out of my van the other day on what I thought was a solid base of gravel. Not!! Immediately I sunk two inches into muck.... can you hear the suction sound of me pulling my foot out?... I don't know, whadaya say? Clean 'em off .... or go shopping for a new pair of shoes? I say go shopping

Check out other Wordless Wednesday- and try to stay out of the mud.... unless you want a new pair of shoes...

21 comments:

Sara said...

Do you have those in a size 11? ;) Cute shoes! Sorry about the mud, though. :P

Anonymous said...

I've been trying all year to snap a pic of a cardinal in a snowy tree. No success. Sorry about the shoes! lol

Sharon Hayes said...

I love the Cardinal too, his bright red color and his songs - always so cheery & signs of spring.

GO BUY A NEW PAIR!! :o) XOXO

Tara said...

We just spotted a cardinal a few days ago.....beautiful little birds!!

Stacy said...

My MIL loves red birds!! I think you should get a new pair of shoes.

Amy Clary said...

The cardinal's gorgeous! I love "trying" to hold my hand steady on full zoom. lol
I say new shoes! I love buying new shoes...it just takes me forever to pick out a pair. :)

Just Mom said...

Ah yes, gotta love the winter thaw.

Happy WW.

One Mom said...

Love the bright spot of red against the winter gray..

We have that same sucking mud..and it hangs around until June :(

Mari said...

Thanks for the signs of spring. I am so ready for it - not the mud though!

Julie said...

Asa is ready to get his pool out...just a little pre-mature.

Have fun shopping!

Anonymous said...

There are signs here too, what a tough winter, happy WW!

Muthering Heights said...

Yep, time for a shopping trip!

Susie said...

That is the worst part of this time of year...mud:-( Great pictures!

Salzwedel Family said...

Too bad about the shoes, but hooray for spring!

He & Me + 3 said...

I say go shopping too. Beautiful bird. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I appreciate it.

Beth Cotell said...

Cardinals and mud! Two harbingers of spring!

Maude Lynn said...

Poor shoes!

Love the pictures of the cardinal!

tiarastantrums said...

mud soup yard - lovely bird

Anonymous said...

I always find it funny that while you are all happily searching for signs of spring, down here in Australia I am desperately trying to ignore the coming Autumn... thankfully our 'summer' lasts well in to March so I have a bit of time left to stick my head in the sand!

Maggie said...

Everyone needs an excuse now and then to get a new pair of shoes - I say go shopping!! lol

Jenny said...

How exciting! It's always nice when the birds return...and when you get the chance to catch a picture of them!