Watching Fox news this morning I keyed in on one of their topics- but then my Officer called me on the radio and I missed some of the story.
The just of the story, from what I could tell, was there are federal regulators cracking down on blogs that provide product opinion... ie- Mommy/ Parent blogs...
The author of such blogs can come under fire and be held liable for product malfunctions... ???... Yep- that is what the federal government is going to waste its time on next. And as the news anchor said- They are unable to stop poisonous toys entering our country from China, but they can find a way to punish Mom's supporting Moms.
I guess what some of it has to do with the authors of these blogs receiving free products to review- and some how the government is twisting this into payment of some sort for the blogger giving a good report.
****
Ok- I just searched on-line and found the Article. According to ABC, the government is just after those that mis-represent themselves. However, the area is so gray that it could easily slip on over the line.
I realize that there are those bloggers out there that lead their readers into believing they are something they are not. And not just predators- just silly people out there that play make believe on the Internet. Whose to say a company cant start their own blog under the pretense of being a Mommy of Two, then present all their own products with a good review.
I view most of what I come across on the Internet with a handful of skepticism. I mean, its just common sense. People can say or be anything they want to be on the internet.
I enjoy blogging, and reading blogs. But I tend to steer clear of 'Mommy Blogs' for the purpose of product opinion. I don't know these woman from adam- so their opinion/ advise is nothing more than a commercial on TV- taken with a grain of salt.
But the idea of the government treading into these waters just adds to my frustration and aggravation with what is going on with our current administration. Slowly, snipping one piece at a time, they are corralling us into a pin- All in the name of a better society.... which isnt going to be better- but much worse...
April 14, 2009
Mommy Blogs Coming Under Regulations
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Another eloquent Post o' What's Current.
Now I'm gonna worry.
Someday it'll be discovered that I'm truly NOT brilliant. I'm just a poser.
And THERE'LL BE PENALTIES FOR ACTING LIKE A KNOW-IT-ALL???
i don't really care for reading blogs that have TONS of ads scrolling on the sidebar either. i want reality and not distractions on stuff i already struggle to save my money and NOT buy.
kinda scary though. what will they do next? ban us from hosting giveaways? ugg.
Rebekah,
I agree with you that this is again another waste of tax payer money vested to search out bloggers. Perhaps they are concerned that it will extend past the point of product reviews and infringe on our right to free speech. Isn't this free speech to an extent.
Amazing, that instead of solving people losing jobs and homes, they are going after people who do product reviews. It is a matter of opinion after all!
Love your blog by the way!
Love and Hugs ~ Kat >^..^<
Well that's just idiotic! Anyone can leave reviews on Amazon without making a purchase. C'mon people....again, the frog is slowly being cooked.
This is just like the gov't recently trying to regulate lead levels in second-hand clothes and toys (as well as small businesses w/handmade items) b/c of the China scare. It would drive many out of business and put huge burdens on families who rely on hand-me-downs. For now, it is loosely worded BUT, again...it's a law already in place...which can always be enforced later. ugh.
Well said Bek, the sad thing is that so many people are swallowing all this administration are saying, hook,line & sinker,and they don't THINK for themselves. Too much gimme gimme attitudes. It's scary what is happening & if the Lord doesn't return I fear what you and my grandchildren will have to face. Unless something changes we are headed into socialism fast.
Oh give me a break! As if the government doesn't have enough to worry about...geez, I don't even know how to respond to this.
Post a Comment