A couple weeks ago, while mind boggled with all the house hunting, I mentioned that there was more to the story that I wanted to share.
It started back in March...
Chuck gave me a check to deposit, which I did. However, I forgot to write it in my check book. I went about paying my monthly bills and buying groceries. I even paid extra on one bill. Never thought a thing about that deposit.
The first of April, I got my bank statement. And like always, I grabbed my check book to balance it. Marking off deposits and checks, I noticed a deposit on my statement but not in my checkbook... hmmmm... I went back through to make sure I didn't miss anything, but checking the date on the statement, I realized that I didn't write that deposit in my checkbook... Wow! Extra money- gotta love that... I finished up balancing my checkbook and adding the deposit to my current balance.
My first inclination was to use that money to pay off a bill, but I hesitated. Since I work most weekends, I never make it to church. And since I never make it to church, I always forget to pay my tithe. Sometimes I do write out a check and mail it in, but I had even forgotten about that lately.... what do I do? Pay tithe? Or pay extra on a bill?... It didn't take me long to decide- I wrote out a check to my church in the amount of the forgotten deposit... tithe...
April 14th, for reasons unknown, Chuck and I went looking at campers... seriously, how we ended up in his truck, driving to the city was a mystery to me.... We found a camper suited to our family perfectly! But we needed to sell our old camper first.
On the drive home, within an hours time, Chuck sold both our camper and our house. I was stunned! I mean, this just doesn't happen- especially with the current situation in our economy... selling our camper and house- then buying a bigger camper and a bigger house...
About a week later, I was doing some online banking. I saw that my tithe check had been deposited. Seeing that check on my statement got me to thinking. I flipped through my checkbook and reached for my calendar. It had been exactly eleven days from the time I wrote out that check- to the day that we sold our house and camper.
Starting with a slip of the mind back in March. To finding that extra money and deciding to give it as tithe. To inexplicably ending up at an RV dealer. To making some phone calls- which resulted in the sale of our house that wasn't even on the market....
Ya know, I've used this analogy before- but some people consider walking on water or parting the Red Sea a miracle. But to me- this is the miracle. The Divine acts of God in our day to day life. How my life changed in a matter of eleven days because I followed that still voice in heart.
Some may say it was all just coincidence. But there are too many little details that fell into place perfectly. Too perfectly....
Oh, and I don't think I mentioned- but the people we sold our camper to suffered a house fire a few weeks before all this happened. They needed someplace to live while rebuilding their home. See!?... just too many things, all in perfect timing
May 09, 2009
The Little Things Are The Biggest Miracles
Labels:
Family,
Inspirational,
Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Yup, he was talking to you!
I love this! So often, if we just pay attention we can see God at work in our lives. Not too often can we see it in such a spectacular way as this though. I'm so glad you shared this!
Awesome testimony!!
You are right, that was ALL God at work in your lives. I'm glad that you shared this story!! Congrats on the sales!!! =)
Happy Mother's Day!
Wonderful how He works everything out, isn't it?
Post a Comment