Ok, ok. I didn't fall off the face of the earth. I am still here, just been in off-line mode for two weeks now. We do have internet at the house, but no phone jack to plug computer into. Hopefully Chuck will get that taken care of this week.
Today is my first day back at work and I have lots to catch up on. Lots of stories to post but that will have to wait for another day.
In the midst of moving, organizing, cleaning around the yard and a weekend camping trip- we decided to add to the ciaos and get a dog. We got a 5 month old Chocolate Lab and named him Cricket. So far he seems to be a good family dog, very affectionate and listens well.
Suzie just loves him to bits- even though he did tackle her the other day and licked her til she was soaking wet. I rescued her from the slobbering love affair and she cried on my shoulder til it was soaking wet.
She didn't like Cricket very much right then, but 15 minutes later she was playing peek-a-boo and chasing him around the yard.
I don't know who is gonna be more trouble- Suzie. Or Cricket. Either way, I'm sure those two will give me plenty to blog about.
Hope every one is doing well. I'll be around to visit and catch up.





10 comments:
We had a chocolate lab too! His name was Roscoe and he was a wonderful family dog. Congrats on your new family member!
Cute dog!
Love the new house-looks like lots of room to run!
To answer your question-I went to HS in Bridgeport, Ohio and we went to Jackosnville FL to see my husbands family.
Welcome back to blogland!
Labs are full of energy so you guys are going to have your hands full! He's a cutie!
Ahhhh! I am such a sucker for labs of any color! Love the name, where did you get the idea?
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
Please don't tell me he's an outside dog.
:) Rachel
Is that Gracie in the picture with Sooz? Wow, she's so tall! And grown up!
R
Hey I thought you were going to name him Hershey. Cricket is cute though & as you know once he gets past that puppy stage he'll be great. Augie was a great Lab for our family.
ahhh labs. perfect dog if you ask me! we had a black lab named "roy". now we have a labradoodle. so anyway you mix it, they are a fabulous breed. congrats to your newest member! ☺ many memories are ahead for cute little suzie too!
LOL, good luck with the puppy. I'm ready to kill mine. I swear he is harder than a child by far. Came home tonight to 1 eaten shoe, 1 shredded hard back book, my work apron with all of my money in it (that looked like shredded lettuce) all over my kitchen floor. Grrrrr.
Oh we LOVE our labs!!!!! He's a CUTIE!
Post a Comment