October 28, 2009

A Getting To Know Me Post

I haven't blogged in forever it seems. Mari got me logged in this morning to read one of her posts. Since I was logged in, I figured it would be a good time to catch up on blog reading.

While over at Mari's, I came across a fun post of hers and decided to post it for myself.

The Phone Rings. Who Will It Be?
LoL- good question. Seeing that I am a 911 dispatcher, that ringing phone could be anything from a serious car accident to an elderly lady wanting to know what time it is.

When Shopping At The Grocery Store, Do You Return The Cart?
If I am close to the front of the store, I will. Otherwise I push my cart into one of the cart racks in the parking lot.

In A Social Setting, Are You More Of A Talker Or Listener?
I'd say it totally depends on who is in the social setting, I'm more of a listener when its people I don't know as well.

Do You Take Compliments Well?
Uhm, no. I don't. I usually shrug them off. Then feel bad later because that person thought I was probably being rude.

Do You Play Sudoku?
Nope. Tried once but couldn't get it figured out. I do like to play jigsaw puzzles on line though.

If Abandoned Alone In The Wilderness, Would You Survive?
Maybe a day or two.

Did You Ever Go Camping As A Kid?
Our youth group camped in the mountains a few times. And I camped at the beach with my friend about 3 or so times.

What Was Your Favorite Game As A Kid?
I loved to play flashlight tag. Red Rover and Steal the Bacon was always fun too.

Could You Date Someone With Different Religious Beliefs Than You?
No. But I tended to date guys that didn't believe as strongly as I did.

Do You Like To Pursue Or Be Pursued?
I don't know. Are we talking like Cops and Robbers? lol. As far as dating, I liked to be pursued. Unless it was some creepy guy. Then I didn't want to be pursued at all.

Use Three Words To Describe Yourself
Honest. Trustworthy. Loyal. (no, I am not a boy scout)

Do Any Songs Make You Cry?
Worship songs, especially when the Spirit is strong.

Are You Continuing Your Education?
Currently, I am thinking about going back to school for something. I just don't know what.

Have You Ever Taken Your Picture In a Photo Booth?
Yes. Doesn't every girl?

How Often Do You Read Books.?
Not very... unless my sister has a new book out.

Do You Think More About The Past, Present Or The Future?
Heck, who has time to think about the past? I guess I'd have to say the more immediate Future and not so much of a down-the-road Future.

What Is Your Favorite Children's Book?
I loved Amelia Bedelia books. And Dr Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham.

What Color Are Your Eyes?
Bluish gray.

Where Is Your Dream House Located?
Where ever Chuck and the kids are.

If Your House Was On Fire, What Would Be The First Thing You Would Grab?
The phone to call 911 (I actually did have a house fire a few years ago)

When Was The Last Time You Were At Olive Garden?
Last March when I visited my sister in Florida.

Where Was The Furthest Place You Traveled Today?
about 20 miles to work.

Do You Like Mustard?
Yep, on some things.

Do You Look Like You Mom Or Dad?
When I was little, people used to say my Mom. But as I got older, I think I look more like my Dad.

How Long Does It Take You In The Shower?
Depends if I shave my legs or not.

Can You Do The Splits?
Sure- a Banana split!

What Movie Do You Want To See Right Now?
I have no idea what is even playing right now. I only go to the movies about once a year- and that is usually with the kids.

What did You Do For New Year's Eve?
Go to bed.

Did You Think The Grudge Was A Scary Movie?
Didn't see it.

Do You Own A Camera Phone?
Yes.

What's The Last Letter Of Your Middle Name?
H

How Many Hours Of Sleep Do You Get A Night?
About 6

What Do You Buy At The Movies?
A ticket. Duh! Was this a trick question?

Do You Know How To Play Poker?
Yep.

Do You Wear Your Seat belt?
Yes Ma'am. Every time I get in the van/truck

How Many Meals Do You Eat A Day?
Three with maybe two snacks

Do You Like Funny Or Serious People?
I think there is a time for each. But I'd probably prefer a funny person over a serious one.

Ever Been To LA?
Nope.

Did You Eat A Cookie Today?
Its only 7am! Geez. However, I did eat one yesterday.

Do You Hate Chocolate?
I hate what chocolate does to my waistline!

Are You A Gullible Person?
No. I tend to be more suspicious.

Are You Easy To Get Along With.?
I think so.



There! No join in if you want. It was fun

4 comments:

Mari said...

That was fun! I love the first answer. You get better phone calls than the rest of us!

Heart2Heart said...

Rebekah,

I love all your personality that came shining right through on these questions. No one would ever get you with a trick question would they?

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Rachel Hauck said...

Great answers! Had me laughing--banana split!

I'll post it on my blog later. But I just did something similar.

Love you, R

Sharon Hayes said...

It was fun & funny reading this - about having been in LA are you sure??? How about Lower Alabama i.e. LA. . . . :o)