Yesterday evening, Suzie was sitting on the couch with Chuck watching a movie. Chuck had a long day working with tobacco and said that he was ready for bed. He pretended to fall asleep.
Suzie twisted her head around and eyed her daddy. "You're like Sleepy, the elth."
Chuck didn't realize what she said, but I knew she had been watching Snow White at Mamaw's the past couple days. "Suzanna" I laughed, "its Dwarf, not Elf"
Suzie looked at me puzzled. I explained a little further, "Sleepy is a dwarf, not an elf. The elf is Santa's helper"
Suzie argued, "No he's not. He's an elth" I laughed more when I saw Suzie's tongue poke out as she pronounced "elth". "Its elF. Not elTH" I over exaggerated the "F" and "TH" so she could see the difference.
Chuck picked up on the conversation and tried to convince Suzie that Sleepy was a dwarf and Santa's helper is an elf. Suzie starred at us silently for a few seconds before she conceded, then went on to talk about Santa and his elth (still mispronouncing elf)
"Mommy, is it Elf or Elth?" Gracie joined in the conversation. Suzie answered her sister, "No. Its Elth!"
I shook my head at that silly girl of mine. "Its ElF. ElFfff"
A few more rounds back and forth (Elf or Elth). Suzie finally got it. "Its Elffff and not Elthhh?" Suzie asked. "Yes" I laughed at her cute little tongue sticking out of the space where her front tooth should be. I may have got her to pronounce it right, but her way was much more precious.
November 24, 2009
Snow White And The Seven Elves?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
I would love to have seen this one on video!
how adorable! precious indeed! i will be very sad when the day comes that my AJ stops saying "wonderwear" without thinking.
I love the ELTH!! She is so funny Love her bunches and sweet Gracie too.
LOL that is too funny!
Post a Comment