The closet doors in the front hall opened and shut several times. Suzie yelled out, "Mommy! Come find me!" Busy in the kitchen I hollered back, "Okayeyy! Just a minute!"
My minute must have been too long. Suzie shoved the closet doors open and started rummaging through the coats hanging up. I popped my head around the corner, "What are you doing?" I asked as Suzie yanked her snow suit off the hanger. Suzie didn't look up, instead she sat on the floor and started putting her feet in her snow suit, "I'm gonna put on my snow suit." I raised my eye brows at her, "Uh, its a little warm for a snow suit, don't ya think?" Suzie simply replied, "Nope."
After I helped Suzie zip up her pink suit she turned back to the closet. "Now what are you doing?" I asked. Suzie dug deeper into the closet, her little pink butt wriggling around. Suzie hopped out of the closet with a smile on her face and held up her gloves, "I needed my gloves." Suzie answered my previous questions with a duh tone to her voice, Like I should have known she needed the gloves. I nodded in understanding... whatever... acknowledging her need for the gloves.
I walked back to the kitchen, Suzie followed close behind trying to put on her gloves. She successfully got on the first glove but couldn't manage the second glove. "Mommy, can you help me put this on?" I reached for the glove, pulled the velcro strap apart so Suzie could easily slip her hand inside. "Thanks, Mom." Suzie ran out the door. It was a sunny spring day so I followed Suzie out the door to enjoy the weather.
Gracie and I laughed at Suzie running around the thick, green grass in her snow suit. Suzie laid down in the pea gravel and stated to make a snow angel. I looked at Gracie and nodded my head toward the door to the house, "Quick Gracie, go get my camera." Gracie smiled back at me and ran to get my camera.
Grace returned with my camera; Suzie was still flapping her arms up and down, spraying pea gravel into the yard. I quickly snapped a couple shots, laughing at my silly girl.
Cricket came out of no where and started his attack. His wet, slobbery kisses forced Suzie up from the ground. I snapped a picture quick then helped a giggling Suzie escape slobber mouth.
If I had only known what was going to happen next I would have flipped the switch on my camera to video.... I could have been the next big winner on America's funniest home video... Whats the old saying? An opportunity missed is an opportunity lost...
Cricket dropped to the ground, rolled onto his back and began wiggling his body back and forth. At first, I thought he was just scratching his back. I waited for him to flip back over and run off, but he never did. Cricket continued to squirm back and forth. I looked at Gracie and laughed, "Cricket is making a Snow Angel!"... I couldn't believe it... he really was...
Suzie jumped down off the picnic table and joined in with Cricket. The two of them swished around, making "Angels" in the gravel. Gracie and I laughed, still not believing what we were actually seeing.
Soon, the girl and her dog had enough making of angels and ran off; giggling and smiling.
If you notice the look on Crickets face, it really does look like he is smiling... lol. I wish I could have got this on video- Priceless!





6 comments:
This really is priceless! Love the smiles, on both their faces!
That's amazing! What a great story!
Gotta love a dog who wants to make an angel too! And a girl who wants to wear her snowsuit this close to May.
Did she ever get hot? :)
OMG!!! This is amazing - pretty smart dog & a cute, amazing little girl - she amazes me with the things she thinks of & out of the clear blue.
See just another shining example of how kids really see the best in all things. No wonder Jesus said we all need to be more like children. No worries, just good clean fun!
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
What a great time they had! This will be a funny story for her for years to come. :)
Post a Comment