Suzie has a history of pulling the laces out of Chuck's tennis shoes and work boots. The first time I saw her do this she was about 2, and it struck me as so funny I couldn't stop her. I silently watched her pull the laces through each eye of Chuck's shoes. She knew exactly what she was doing and giggled the entire time. Since that time she has pulled this trick on Chuck several times.
The other day she decided to up the ante...
I was sitting on the back deck and noticed Suzie walking toward the deck gate. She stopped and studied Chuck's boots laying next to the deck steps. I could literally see the light bulb go on over Suzie's head. Her eyes flashed with a tint of evil and a grinch-like grin spread across her face. Chucks boots laid in the grass right by the pea gravel sidewalk.
Suzie grabbed her nearby shovel and reached for Chuck's shoe. I decided to warn her, "Suzanna Rae, you better not do it."
Suzie stood on her tip toes to see me over the fence. Angel was sitting there and picked up on what was going on, "I dare you to do it, Suzie."... which Suzie doesn't need any encouragement...
Suzie turned back to the gravel. Smiling, she scooped up pea gravel and dumped it in Chuck's boot. She filled the foot of the first boot, then moved on to the second boot.
"You're gonna get it, Suzie." I laughed
A couple days past, Chuck's boots were still outside by the deck. One afternoon I came home from work and as I entered the garage I heard Chuck scold Suzie, "Don't put rocks in my boots again! Do you understand?"
I couldn't help but come to Suzie defense, although it was with a laugh, "Angel told her to do it."
Chuck sighed, "She doesn't need any encouragement."
Nope, she sure doesn't; but she does make life interesting+Suzie+is+a+tricker.jpg)
+Suzie+filled+Chucks+boots.jpg)
August 15, 2010
Shoe Laces And Gravel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Next time she can throw some dirt on top and then plant flowers in them!
Suzie needs her own book.
She sure keeps you guys on your toes!
LOL, I love it!!
WOW I'm really behind in reading your blog, I didn't think you posted that much here any more. Loved catching up though - Suzie sure does keep life interesting & fun. I would have loved to see Chuck's face when he put his foot in the boot . . . so much fun.
Post a Comment