I have been arguing with the girls to get them to eat their dinner... it has been an hour log event... however, while I have been arguing with the girls, they have been arguing with each other. Most of their arguments have consisted of spelling facts and math facts.
Gracie hollers from the table, "Maaaahhhmm! Suzie isn't spelling 'she' right."
I rolled my eyes; one of those 'mother moments' where their arguing over silly things was pushing me over board. I have been trying to teach them both how to calmly settle arguments that have no point. So I asked Gracie, the 1st grader, "Gracie, how do you spell 'she'?"
Gracie proudly announced, "S H E"
I smiled... a fake smile over a face of stess... "Yes, thats right. So what does it matter if Suzie is spelling it wrong? You know how to spell it right."
Knowing she'd lost out on this one, Suzie went for the grand slam. She looked smartly at Gracie and in her most sweet voice asked, "Mommy, then how do you spell 'she twisted her knee while running'?" ...What??...
Suzie thought for sure she had outdone Gracie with this one. I shook my head and left the kitchen.
September 14, 2010
The Dinner Spelling Bee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
You have such funny kids!
LOL - Suzie is NOT to be out done is she! Love 'em both. These kinds of interaction are just beginning.
ROFLOL!!!!
Post a Comment