December 21, 2010

Nut Crackin' Peanuts

After leaving gymnastics practice the girls begged me to stop at the "Christmas House" so they could look at the lights. The van was still warm from running errands while they were at gymnastics so I agreed to let them look at the lights... baby, its cold outside...

The parking area in front of the house was empty so I drove to the far end, backed in, and shut off the lights.

The girls "ooo'ed" and "awww'ed" over all the extravagance; sparkling Christmas lights on fur trees, teddy bears riding Ferris-wheels and merry-go-rounds, Mrs Clause making cookies in her kitchen, and Rudolph pulling Santa in his sleigh.

There are so many decorations at the Christmas house, the girls always find something new; something they've never noticed before. "Mommy! Look!" Gracie spied something new. "Look at those Peanut Crackers!!"

"Peanut crackers?" I laughed. "They're Nut Crackers"

"Ooooo" Gracie smiled and giggled, "I mean Nut crackers"

We viewed the decorations a few more minutes, "Ok, girls, get in your seats so we can go home"

Suzie wasn't ready to go, "Wait" she pleaded. "Let me find one more thing I want to see." I gave Suzie another minute or two.

Finally Suzie hollered, "Look! I see those Cracker Nuts Gracie was talking about."

"Cracker Nuts?" I smiled and rolled my eyes, "You girls are too silly. They're Nut Crackers!"

Both girls laughed and repeated to each other how they got it wrong. "Lets go home," I said, "I've had enough of you two Nut Crackin' Peanuts"

The girls, still giggling at their mispronunciation, got in their seats and fastened their seat belts. "Ok, lets go home" they chimed together.

1 comment:

Sharon Hayes said...

I love this, Gracie is so cute I can see her little face & that puckered grin, & Suzie looking for the "Cracker Nut" too, didn't want to miss seeing what Gracie saw. What a special moment for the 3 of you. Reading this i felt like a mouse in the corner watching you. XOXO Makes me homesick to see you all.