Softball games have been our summer entertainment so far... twice a week since May... Last week the kids and I were at Chuck's softball game. The temperature was miserably hot and the kids didn't have to beg too hard for me to get us all a Dairy Queen.
Let me paint this picture for you. Its summer. The only shoes the girls wear are flip flops. Its toward the end of the day and the girls feet are... dirty; to say the least... Suzie's toes were Black with dirt...
Suzie and I were sitting on the bleachers, chatting with fellow game watchers. Being so sweltering hot outside, Suzie ice cream was melting faster than she could eat it. As she scooped a spoonful of ice cream into her mouth, a glob dripped onto her toe.... yes, her black toe...
Suzie set down her cup, pulled her toe... yes, that black toe... up to her mouth... a bleacher full of mothers watching her... She stuck out her tongue and LICKED! the ice cream off her big toe... yes, the black one...
"Eeewwwww!!" I puckered up my face, "Suzie! that's gross. Look how dirty your feet are!"
Suzie glanced around and realized she was being watched, "What? I had to get the ice cream off"
One mother behind me commented, "Well I sure wish I could put my toe in my mouth!"
All of the mothers laughed while Suzie turned her attention back to her melting ice cream
July 16, 2011
Toe-Licking Good Ice Cream
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Ha!!! I guess she's building up her immunity!
Suzie's innocence & inhabition is always good for a laugh. Love her so much.
Oy! that girl! Like mom said, so innocent... but yet... ;)
Rachel
Post a Comment