October 18, 2011

Suzie Did It

Suzie brought home her report card. Everything looked good except for one "Needs Improvement." Suzie apparently needs to work a little neater. No big deal, everything else was good, and I know here at home she tends to not be so neat.

I told Suzie to put the report card by her dads chair so he could see it when he came home. Suzie said, "No, I don't want him to see it."

"Why?" I asked. "Its a good report card"

"No its not" huffed Suzie. "Everyone always tells on me."

"Tells on you?" I asked

Just then, Chuck walked through the door. The girls jumped up to give him a hug. Gracie quickly showed her dad her report card. Suzie had left her report card by the chair so Chuck picked it up next. Reading through it he made the same comment as me. "Looks good. You just need to work a little neater."

"No I don't" Suzie huffed again. "I work hard, but everyone tells on me."

I laughed at the tone in her voice, "Its not a big deal, Suzie. You just need to be neater."

"I do!" She exclaimed. "But whenever the teacher turns around and asked 'who did it', everyone always points to ME!" Suzie threw her arm out and pointed her finger in an accusatory manor.

I could just picture 10 little kids pointing their fingers at Suzie.... poor little Suzie... lol, yeah right. Such a Ramona and Beezus moment...

"Its fine, Suzie" I tried to comfort her, but I think she was blowing it all out of proportion. Tonight is parent teacher conferences so I think I'm going to ask Suzie's teacher about it. I'm sure there is some explanation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope there's a good explanation - I don't like the idea of 10 kids pointing at Suzie - tell her I'm proud of her & give her a big hug for me. I can picture her huggin n puffin. love Mom