October 13, 2012

Apparently I Laugh Like Aunt Rachel

Josh asked for my help on his computer. I walked over to his chair and bent down to get a look at what he was doing. Chuck made a remark about me being bent over, and decided to be even funnier and take a picture of my rear. A couple seconds later my phone whistled at me, alerting me of a new text message.

I stood up and turned to Chuck, "Are you serious? You just took a picture of my butt and text it to me, didn't you?"... yea, that's what every girls wants too see, her own butt in a text message... 

I gave Chuck a teasing glare and sat down on the couch to view my message. Gracie, little miss nosy body, had to see what was on my phone too. I was too busy sighing and rolling my eyes at my denim covered picture text to pay attention to the caption Chuck added. Gracie crinkled her nose and looked over her shoulder at her daddy, "Yummy?? Ewe, that's gross!"

My eyes glanced down at the caption and realized what Gracie had read. Chuck huffed at Gracie reading his flirtatious text. I immediately laughed out loud and rolled over on the couch.

Gracie smiled at me laughing, "Whats so funny?"
Chuck huffed again, not impressed that Gracie read his caption; an attempt at flirting with me.
Josh comments on my laugh, "Ok, Aunt Rachel", apparently he thinks we laugh the same.
Caleb came in the room and repeated Gracie's question, "Whats so funny?"
Josh filled Caleb in on what happened
Caleb laughed
Gracie asked again, "Whats so funny?"
Chuck is still not impressed
And I laughed some more... teach him not to take a picture of my butt!!- lol... 

Prior to all this jocularity, Chuck and I had been pretend arguing, I don't remember over what. Suzie had been giving us her "mother-glare", telling us to quit it... she hates when anybody argues or wrestles... She stomped off into the other room and got out some paper.

Suzie returned to the living room with two folders. She handed one to me and the other to Chuck. I knew exactly what she had done, "You wrote us notes, didn't you?" I laughed

Suzie eyed us both, "I told you to stop your fighting!"

Chuck and I read our "disciplinary" notes, "I asked you to stop fiting. So stop it pleas." (lol)

Suzie retrieved her notes and stuffed them back into her folders. I asked her what she was going to do with them and she said she was keeping them in case she needed to give them to us again... lol- ok mother suzie... 

I rose up to check on the laundry, still in a laughing mood. As I folded laundry I could hear Chuck and Gracie talking. They started to play a youtube clip of "Jesus take the wheel." While Chuck is not a bad singer, in my current mood, I couldn't help but laugh at his attempt to hit Carrie Underwood high notes... lolol... 

I desperately needed to wash the mascara off my face!!


2 comments:

Mari said...

I loive evenings like that! A family laughing together is the best.

Anonymous said...

LOL - what a fun evening, thanks for sharing. Bless little miss Suzie - she's a sweetie. Wonder if someday when Gracie is married to a wonderful man she'll remember this :o) Love you all so much, Mom