July 30, 2014

Scrub-a-tub, or a sink

So, I know its been a while since I've blogged.... almost 2 years... But I have thought so many times as I've laughed at my kids, "I SO need to blog that!" Its been a crazy two years and I miss finding the humor in my life. I have a lot of stories to post but I will start with the one that made me sign in to my blog tonight.... and I'll start with an opening line....

So, I have ever told you about the time Suzie cleaned the bathroom and Chuck had to throw away his toothbrush? After he used it!

The girls are 8 and 10 now and doing chores. Suzie's chore is the bathroom sinks and mirrors. That evening while getting ready for bed, Chuck started to brush his teeth. I heard his disgust and glanced his direction as he yelled, "Girls!"

I asked what the matter was as he pitched his toothbrush in the trash. "There is softscrub all IN my toothbrush." He huffed.

I chucked a bit, trying not to show it, and replied, "Well, Suzanna did clean the sinks today."

Suzie cant do anything without getting lost in "pretend". I'm sure she will confess someday to what she actually did. But tonight she avoided the situation.

1 comment:

Sharon Hayes said...

What a shock for Chuck but sorry, I couldn't help but laugh at the situation. I'll bet the sinks were clean.!! Gotta love it.