September 29, 2006

Gracie tidbits

1. The other day Gracie went to the grocery store with me. She was wearing her little pink Crocks and casually strolling down the isle with her little “kick and sway” walk (that’s what I call it). I was in a hurry and kept telling her “come on Gracie, lets go”. After the third time she says to me, “I’m coming Mommy. Geezsh!”

2. Last night I was putting Gracie to bed. She wanted to push play on her CD player (to play her lullaby music), so she bent down in front of her nightstand and bonked her head. Rubbing her head she looks up “Geezsh! I bo-ked me head”.

3. We went to Pumpkin Show Wednesday night. Caleb played some games and won 2 gold fish. He brought them up to the Firehouse.
“What are we going to do with fish?” I asked.
“I got them for Gracie,” Caleb replied.
Ok, fine, I resign. If they are still alive tomorrow I will get them a little tank and some food. So the next day I found a cute little aquarium and put it together. I filled it with water and told the kids to wait a couple hours for the water temp to adjust then we could put the fish in. We got home later that night to find one of the fish floating. We put the one fish in the tank and took the other for a proper burial, to the toilet.
Gracie asks, “Where me fissy doe?” with her shoulders shrugged and hands in the air
“It’s in the tank. See it swimming,” I say
“No,” she shakes her head, “Me fissy ded.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love Gracie's tid-bits - "me fissy ded". I can imagine you can't keep a straight face most of the time.
Love Mom/Mammaw