I am reading "Flyboys", a WWII epic about 8 pilots that flew a mission to Chichi Jima to clear a path for our B52 to bomb Japan. Reading this and reading "Flags of our Fathers" I must say that history class in school didn't teach me much of anything. I only remember learing about the inhumanity of the Germans and the Holocaust. The treatment by the Germans can't even compare to the brutality of the Japanese. Brutaltiy is too pleasant a word to even use. How the soldiers that fought in some of these wars could come home and live a fraction of a normal life bewilders me.
I must comment here about all the media hype ref treatment of detainees concerning the War on Terror. Its "tea and cakes" compared to tactics used (by both sides) in previous Wars.
Learning facts of the War (II) I have come to realize the thinness of our victory. It was by a slim number of close call and a few cases of pure luck, mixed with an undeniable courage of teenage boys, that we came out on top. I have to ask myself, "Why us, the USA, and not the other side?" GOD is the only thought that comes to mind. So why, in this Blessed Nation, are there people so ignorant as to want to take God out of our society? Why do some hollywood spoils stand on their soapbox and screach about the injustice of us being in Iraq? Why don't these people just turn to God and our servicemen and say, "Thank you! and be on their way" (to quote Jack Nicholson in a Few Good Men). These few people and their way of thinking are going to ruin it for the rest of us God fearing Americans.
If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
September 26, 2006
If history repeats itself....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Great post! Love you, R
Post a Comment