To set this up properly I need to give a little background. My police chief (DW) has the sort of sence of humor I dont think too many people get, a little dry but quick witted (he so reminds me of Mr. Wenzel, my former principal). Also to be noted, DW is hair follicly challenged.
Anyway... the other day DW had been out working an accident in the rain. He came back in dispatch and made the comment about using the hand dryers in the bathroom to dry his uniform off. I glanced up at him, trying to hide my smile, and commented, "Yea, you probably don't own a hair dryer". I thought the other officer in the room was gonig to fall over in disbelief at what I had said. DW sighed and left the room....
A few days later I met the new girl working at the Prosecutor's office. She is a good-looking well-built chick and I joked about if all our officers started hanging out at the Prosecutor's office we would know why. The guys in the room looked at me funny so I pointed out that when the County had a good looking female officer, all the guys hung out there. Without missing a beat DW says, "Huh, dont see all the guys hanging out in here". Everyone in the room busted up. DW chalked the air with his finger and walked out. I was speachless. I walked right into that one. After several silent seconds on my part and with a futile attempt to get the last word I retorted, "well, there was three of you in here!"
September 23, 2006
one good Zing deserves another
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Yay! Like your blog. Thanks for linking me! :)
Very good blog, now I can keep up with more of my family - what a great way to journal - Luv u Mom
Post a Comment