February 11, 2007

6am, You Mean I Could've Slept In

My shift is 6am to 2pm which means I get up at 4:30am... I have to take a shower to wake up, plus my 20 min drive to work ...but yesterday I had First Responder training. My boss said she would come in and dispatch for me so I could go to the training ... which was across the st at the Firehouse ...The training didn't start until 9am but I still needed to leave at 2pm because Caleb had his last basketball game. So I told my boss to just come in a little before 9. Well, there was a communication break down because when I walked in the back door, there sat my boss.
We talked a few minutes about the misunderstanding, unable to figure out how this happened. I sat with her and chatted for a while. She suggested I walk over to the firehouse and take a nap before class.... no, that would just make me super groggy ...About 7am I decided to run to Kroger and pick up some groceries so I wouldn't have to do it later.
Ahhh, Krogers at 7am. There were 3 customers in the store. One register open and no waiting. Wow, I wish I could work it out to do all my shopping this early in the morning. The only down side is that I bought more stuff because I didn't feel rushed or irritated by too many shoppers.
Caleb played his game Saturday afternoon. We were playing a make-up game with the team that beat us in the championship last weekend.... since 1st grade we have played this team in every championship ...Caleb did alright but was not as aggressive as usual. He just didn't seem in the mood to play. Anyway, we were tied at the end of the game and went into 3 min overtime. We were tied again with 7 seconds. A kid from the opposing team threw up a shot. Swish, a 3 pointer went in and the buzzer went off. Everyone clapped, it was a great shot... even if it was the other team that won ...

2 comments:

Heather said...

I am not a morning person, so I don't envy you having to get up that early. I would have opted for the nap. LOL! I guess shopping that early would be nice, though because if you shop late at night, you can bump into some strange folks!

Rachel Hauck said...

Ah, Kroger. Guess it's better than Piggly Wiggly. Publix rules.

Great post!

Love you, R