February 21, 2007

ABC's of Homemaking

Heather over at "It's all for the best" tagged me. I've never seen this before but it looks like fun!
The A-B-C's of Homemaking

Aprons- Y/N? - Yes. But I always forget I have it and never use it

Baking- I love baking but Chuck and the kids don't eat it up fast enough....and I don't need the calories

Clothesline- Y/N? - Yes! I love to hang my sheets out...not so much with towels and jeans

Donuts- Ever made them? - Nope, but I love to eat them. I did print off a recipe I saw Paula Deen cook, but I never made them

Everyday- One homemaking thing you do everyday? - Well cooking is obvious, but I can't go to sleep with dishes in the sink. So I would have to say clean the kitchen. But laundry is a close 2nd

Freezer- Do you have a separate deep freezer? - Yes we do. We buy and split a cow each year with Chuck's family. Three times now the freezer door was not shut tight and all the meat thawed out. It was a disgusting mess!! The third time it happened I told Chuck we were never buying a cow again..... but it's just too convenient.

Garbage Disposal- Y/N? - Yes, we put one in when we remodeled.

Handbook- Y/N? - I have all the handbooks to all our electronics and appliances...if that's what you mean.

Ironing- What's that? only when I am sewing.

Junk Drawer- Where is it? - Next to the frig behind our kitchen table....that way I have no direct access. The trash can is closer.

Kitchen- Design and decorating? - Well, we just remodeled and made the kitchen, dinning, and living room one giant space. The kitchen walls are red but the cabinets cover most of the walls. I have my collection of tea cups on top of the cabinets. The dinning and living room are a sage green.....Chuck wasn't sure how all this would look but it turned out really well.
It's kinda a rustic, eclectic look. I like a little bit of everything

Love- What is your favorite part of homemaking? - I love to cook and bake....just the whole idea of keeping house.....yes, even cleaning.... I love making my house into a home.

Mop - Y/N? - It's hard to find time to mop with Suzie around. I spot mop mostly...but I do hand mop.... it's not a real big area and I think it gets cleaner

Nylons- Wash by hand or in the washer? - Do people still wear nylons? Just kidding, but seriously I rarely wear them and when I do I always get a run so I pitch them in the trash.

Oven- Do you use the window or open it to check? - Yes

Pizza- What do you put on yours? - Pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms mostly, but I will eat anything, except anchovies

Quiet- What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment? - Breath

Recipe card box- Y/N? - I have one with a few cards in it. I also have my grandma's, it has a lot of old recipes that she used to make for my dad.... but I have never cooked any of them. Mostly I use the internet....foodtv.com

Style of house - Ranch. It was built in the 1970's but we practically rebuilt it last year. It's a little small for the 6 of us but we hope to find something bigger next year.

Tablecloths and napkins- Y/N? - Only at Christmas do I put a tablecloth on. I do enough laundry so paper napkins it is.

Under the kitchen sink - Dish soap, dishwasher detergent, trash bags, crock pot, cutting board

Vacuum- How many times a week? - at least 3 or 4 times a week. Suzie is at the age she likes to put anything and everything in her mouth, and the neighborhood boys are always at our house.

Wash- How many loads do you do a week? - I do a load a day. If I don't, I have 3 loads the next day....and that doesn't add up mathematically. If I was rich I get rid of the washer/dryer and buy new clothes for every day...nah, I am too practical for that

X's- Do you keep a list of things to do and cross them off? - I used to have a list to carry around but for Christmas I got a palm pilot.... I love it!

Yard- Who does what? - We both do what needs to be done at the time. It's been hard for me to mow with the girls being little right now.... someone has to keep an eye on them. The boys are old enough and have begun to help

ZZZ's- What is your last homemaking task for the day? - It's a toss up between making sure the kitchen is clean and putting Suzie's toys back in the basket.


I'm gonna tag Julie, Connie, Deb, ..... and Rachel (it will be fun to see what you come up with since you have very little housekeeping duties) and anyone else can join in

1 comment:

Connie said...

Hey thanks for tagging me! I think... ummm... Homemaking is not my strong point these days!