There is really nothing going on, anywhere. We had a birthday party for Caleb and Chuck Thursday night. Played some Euker, ate some cake. We got Caleb an electric guitar and listened to him play 'Smoke on the Water' about 20 or 30 times.
Weird thing happened the other day. The city I work for is putting on a full time EMT/Firefighter and they have advertised on some web sites. The other day a lady called to ask for an application to be mailed to her. She lives in Tallahassee, Fl. (that's where I grew up. What a co-ink-qi-dink) Too bad I didn't answer the phone when she called because I would've asked her why the heck would she want to move up here?
Having lived in different places confuses me sometimes. When I run into someone that looks familiar I have to ask myself, "Now do I know that person or do they just remind me of someone I know. And if so, who is it they remind me of"
There is this mother that takes her kids to the same babysitter. We drop off/pick up at different times so I only know her by name. The other day our kids were getting hair cuts at the same time so she came over and introduced herself to me. I know the look on my face was one of confusion. Her face was so familiar to me but her name did nothing to connect where I would have known her from. So yesterday I asked the babysitter who Amy's husband was. The babysitter told me but it still didn't help me figure it out. The babysitter started giving me some background information on her... that just aggravated me cuz my mind was still drawing a blank.
Finally the babysitter tells me her maiden name. "AMY W." I shout. "I KNOW AMY!"... yes, the light bulb clicked on bold and bright ... So I went on to tell the Babysitter how I knew Amy. She was a life guard with my brother... some 15 odd years ago Whew, what a relief for my brain.
February 03, 2007
Winter Blah & Do I know Her
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I'm usually pretty good with names, but I often bump into Moms from our school that I have seen, but don't know. I am in charge of several PTO events, so a lot of the Moms know me. I am always calling my friend and asking, "who is the lady with the curly brown hair and a blue coat?" We usually figure it out after racking our brains for a while.
Thanks for stopping by and reading my 100. To answer your question, a blogroll is the list of blogs you read/recommend. When you add someone to your list, you are blogrolling them.
Have a great weekend!
Smoke On The Water.... Rock out, Caleb.
Good music never dies.
Eukre. :( I WANNA play!
Rachel
Post a Comment