My sister tagged me and now I have to come up 6 weird things about me.
1) It took me about 2 hours coming up with this list. The conversation in my head went something like this... I do this or that, but is that weird or do other people do that too? I guess I could say this but well, that's not weird, or is it. ....its supposed to be a fun blogging thing but it has consumed my brain since noon
2) I used to count Josh's Legos when I put them up so I made sure I had them all. If one was missing I would go in search of it. I have since mellowed, I think it has something to do with having more than one kid
3) I brush my teeth starting on the left side, otherwise its too weird.
4) It has taken me 30 some years but I have finally mastered the concept that it is physically possible to take a shower and NOT wash my hair
5) Even if I haven't seen a movie I can tell you what the name of the movie is within 10 seconds of seeing part of it.... or at least give a description of the movie and name some of the actors. It drives Chuck crazy.
6) I can quote M.A.S.H episodes
I TAG everyone that reads this to come up with their 6 weird things list
February 05, 2007
Six Weird Things About Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Ok, here goes...6 weird things:
1)I have to have the toaster oven unplugged if not in use. (drives Pete nuts)
2)I have to have a large half sweet, half unsweet iced tea with lemon from Chick-fil-a 6 days a week. (they are closed on Sundays)
3)I hold my sandwiches weird when I eat them (and squeeze them flat)-so says my husband
4)I hate folding sheets
5)As a kid, I thought everyone grew up on the beach
6)In high school I went through a hippie phase and didn't shave my legs for a year-unfortunately, it really attracted some guys. Yuck!
;) Julie
Hi.
I guess I'm delurking and giving you my list in one post. I found your blog a while back from another dispatcher's and I really enjoy reading it. My list is here.
Tony
1. I know every single word of the movie Top Gun...seriously...every stinkin' syllable.
2. I hate clowns. No no no, you don't understand ...I mean I HATE clowns! When I was a kid, I used to be afraid of them...deathly afraid of them. Now I'm a pretty big guy and am pretty sure I can kick a clown's ass with absolute authority! So, now, I'm not so much afraid of them as I am completely wiereded out by them. "Coulrophobia", I believe they call it. Yeah, yeah...laugh it up!
3. I have an unusual preoccupation with being late. Like that crazy assed rabbit in Alice in Wonderland, I absolutely cannot stand the thought of being late to even the most trivial of appointments. I rush everywhere I go. I show up to work 45 minutes before shift. I have my kids standing in the driveway 20 minutes before the bus is scheduled to pick them up. My dentist's office opens at 9:00 am....my appointment was at 9:10....I was sitting in the parking lot at 8:20. Get the picture?
4. I'd rather forget my wallet than forget my gun. For me, wearing a gun is like wearing prescription eyeglasses, wear 'em long enough and you don't even notice them. But you damned sure notice when they're not there. (note: I don't think this is wierd... not at all. But enough people seem to think it is that it warranted mentioning.)
5. As conservative as I profess to be, I have a pierced tongue. It's my rebel thing. Don't ask why...you know why.
6. I have a strange and unique fear of heights. I was an Aircrewman in the Navy and have logged many flight hours. I've jumped out of helicopters into heavy seas. I absolutely love to fly. I've been skydiving. The thing is...I only fear heights when looking down from a fixed object, like the roof of a skyscraper, observation deck of the Vegas Space Needle, a tall roller coaster or other thrill ride, a cliff, a tall bridge etc. Wierd, huh?
Post a Comment