Blugh!! The weather is blah, being stuck inside is blah.... especially since we had such gorgeous weather the last 2 weeks of March ...Work is blah.
Today is Friday the 13th..dudoo doo doo, dudoo doo doo.... I am not a superstitious person but being a dispatcher I have learned that strange things truly do happen on full moons and Friday the 13. Could I be so lucky today??
The detective came in this morning and I asked what he was going to do today. We talked for a minute and then I mentioned it was Friday the 13, something bad is going to happen....which led to us talking about this homicide/suicide from a few years ago...
911 rang and this woman was screaming on the phone. She was standing in her back yard when she heard a commotion coming from the neighbors house directly behind hers. The husband came crawling out the back door with the wife following him, shooting him several times. The 911 caller witnessed the shots being fired and watched this man die. Despite what was going on the caller was able to answer my questions and I got the officers started. The wife ran back into the house and shot herself. Now, for the rest of the story.....
This couple had been going through a messy divorce. The wife claimed the husband beat her, the husband claimed the wife was crazy. Both of them had been to the PD several times filing various complaints against the other. The Judge, in his infinite wisdom... heavy sarcasm there, tried to be like King Solomon; but instead of dividing a baby, he divided the time spent in this couple's house. The order stated that the wife would have possession of the house from Monday afternoon through Friday afternoon. The husband had possession of the house from Friday night until Monday morning.
I really can't explain or go into details... unless you deal with these sort of people on a daily basis, its hard to understand... But let me try and give you an idea... imagine the maddest you have ever been and then multiply that times 100. That's how much these two people hated each other. Now imagine that you had to not only 'share' your home with this person, but you weren't allowed to be there to keep an eye on what the other person was doing to 'your' belongings. This Judge's order was like throwing 500 gallons of gasoline on an already raging bon fire.
I mean, what was this Judge thinking?? Dividing a person's home. Their home!! Home is where people go to relax and be themselves. It's a place of refuge and safety. Home is a sanctuary. A Judge is supposed to have wisdom in making hard decisions. He is supposed to provide for the safety of others. In reality, he all but pulled the trigger to kill this man.... and yet, the Judge is immune from prosecution.
Now I understand that a Judge has a very difficult job and must make tough decisions. I agree they require certain immunities, but common... They need to be held accountable in some manor or fashion. This order by the Judge was absolutely appalling
April 13, 2007
Judge 'Solomon'?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Oh MY!! That has got to be one of the dumbest rulings I have ever heard of! I totally agree with you!
Amen sister! Judges are like little demi-gods. They are untouchable, and too many of them sit on the bench for life. Way too long to wield that much power. There are supposed to be checks and balances on every branch of government in the United States, yet it is the judicial branch (both at the State and Federal levels) that seem to be omitted. The only ones that can "check" or "balance" a judges ruling is ....go figure...another judge. Something's definitely broken.
OMG!! What a great premise for book!
I am sorry the case ended up with people dead. :( Horrifying.
But not only was the judge stupid, so were the people to even agree to do it.
Is the judge elected? Vote him OUT next time around.
:)
Horrible story...and such horrible Judgment (no pun intended) - really ridiculous. I agree with Wadical. I worked for attorneys for years and therefore, came in contact on a daily and personal basis with many Judges...a lot of them are good and try to do the right thing, but this was a total miscarriage of justice and stupidity!
Post a Comment