Having two boys and one husband, Gracie is exposed to... uhm, ...male-type behavior. Caleb not so much, but Josh loves to spit.... I don't know if it has anything to do with his hearing impairment, but Josh couldn't spit until he was about 10 or 11. Weird. Now he spits all the time... Chuck has quit 'chewing' but being a 'guy', he still spits..... and off topic here but my sister once pointed out that her hubby spits in the toilet before he pees. Shortly after she made this remark, I noticed Chuck spitting in the toilet before/after he pees.... What is up with that?? Any guys out there care to weigh in?? Or any wives have an experience here?.....
Ok, back to Gracie. A few months back she noticed the guys spitting and attempted to project her own saliva. The first few times it didn't make it past her chin. She then figured out that if she leaned forward, the spit would actually hit the ground.... which, of course, is the ultimate goal of spitting...
A week or so later, she walked into the living room and 'thup', she spit right on the floor. "Gracie! Don't spit in the house! Spit Outside!" Another few days past and we were sitting at the table eating. Gracie leaned over her booster seat and 'thup', again she spit right on the floor. "Gracie! We do not spit in the house. We spit outside!"
Yesterday we had a beautiful evening. The four kids and I went for a walk. Josh and Gracie took turns pulling Suzie in the wagon, Caleb rode his bike and I walked. Just as we were almost to the house, Gracie turns her head to the side and 'thup'. "Gracie, stop spitting!" With her hand on her hip and turn of her head, "I 'Pit Outside!".... I didn't really have much of an argument *sigh*
April 18, 2007
No Spitting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Oh no!! Monkey see, monkey do, huh? I just hate stepping in that mess...it's worse than chewed up bubble gum...b/c somebody's body created it. Yuck!
LOL! You have met your match.
It's os cool how she can reason!
Rachel
My Mom taught my nephew to pee outside onto a tree. Guess what happened to the potted artificial tree in the courtyard of the Governor's Square Mall in Tallahassee? I wonder if it grew any after that?
Donaldson family
OM Gosh... Thats Hysterical
Post a Comment