May 21, 2007

My Weekend

This was our (my) weekend project. I have wanted to do something with this area since I bought the house. It used to be completely grass. Then we put in a stepping-stone walk. Last summer Chuck poured the sidewalks. I was against the idea at first but it does look a lot better. The front two stones we bought. The rest of them we got out of his parents creek.
The tree is a Crab apple and we are going to fill in the area with phlox.... which you can see I didn't get nearly enough. It really does add to the house. To me, this area always looked so barren. I can't wait for it to fill in. Next we are going to do something with the area right behind it. Not sure what....
I came out of the bedroom a little bit ago and here was Suzie. I got her down, told her "no" and went to get more laundry. I heard the "clank" of the cookie jar lid and........
.......Here she was again. She wasn't trying to get a cookie. She liked the sound of the "clank"
Again, Suzie is climbing on something she shouldn't be climbing on. And Gracie had found a new purpose for her sit-n-spin...... along with lunch still on her mouth ... Yummy ravioli

3 comments:

Heather said...

Great landscaping! I love it and it!
Cute pics of the girls. They sure keep you hopping, don't they?
:o)

Rachel Hauck said...

Love the landscaping.

The girls are too cute. Too funny!

Rachel

Anonymous said...

I love the landscape so much, and my little girls look so cute - that Suzie, what a climber!! Did she get a cookie??

Proud Grandma