July 26, 2007

Another Kroger Post

I have voiced before my opinion... griped and whined.... of Krogers and how much I miss Publix. I had two experiences at Kroger that I thought I would share.... some positive to balance out the negative..
Earlier this month I was standing in the check out line. It was pretty busy and several of the registers had groceries piling up with no one there to bag them up. The manager was standing his post at the customer service desk. He noticed the 'grocery pile up' and that all the other baggers were busy. The manager came out and started bagging groceries.... color me impressed... I was actually going to say something to him when I got up to the register but by the time I got there he was off bagging someone else's groceries.
About a week or so after that I was in there during another busy spell. Like normal there was only 3 registers open and at least 3 carts in every line. That same manager was working. He noticed the back up and went into the back. He came out with a cash drawer and opened up a 4th register. To my amazement He ran the 4th register.... blow me over...
I have been going to this Kroger for 6 years. I usually shop during the week around 2pm... an off-time for grocery shoppers... never have I seen them open an additional register when it got backed up. Kudos to you, Mr. Manager!!

5 comments:

Rachel Hauck said...

Color me impressed.... too funny!

Yes, there is no place like Publix!

Rachel

Mari said...

Good job Mr Manager. We don't have Kroger where I live, but we have the same problems. :)

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

We don't have Publix where I live...but I have heard of them. I do, however, have a Kroger. I never shop there though. I always go to...drumroll please.....WALMART. (for everything) Anyway, that is cool that he was actually willing to pitch in and bag and cashier! A rare find these days.

a boy a girl and a pug said...

Can that manager come to my Kroger? I can't remember the last time I didn't have to do self checkout or even bag my own groceries. I love it when people go above and beyond. So cool.

Anonymous said...

He probably has a Publix background!!