We were out at Chuck's parents last Sunday. Gracie wanted a ride on the 'follow wollow' (4WHEELER). Chuck was on the big 4 wheeler so the only option was the little yellow one we bought for the boys. One of the kids are always on it so I have only had the chance to ride it once.
I hopped on, flipped up the little choke thingy, turned the key on and pushed the start button. It fired up, but sounded more like a lawn mower than a 4 wheeler... it's engine is only 90cc... no, wait. 'cc' is a medical measurement... it's just 90... I think... Gracie climbed up in front of me, smiling from ear to ear. I gave it a little gas and off we went... a puttin along...
I rode over to Adam's (Chuck's brothers), down over the hill and into the field. A few months ago Chuck's dad was plowing while the ground was still wet. He left several ruts back there, which makes for a fun, bumpy ride on the big 4 wheeler. Not the case with the yellow 4 wheeler.
The first little rut I crossed at an angle so we went over it pretty easy. The next rut we hit more head on. The back wheels were down in the rut and not coming out.... the "lawn mower" engine winding out. The 4 wheeler is small enough that I can easily touch the ground. I put my feet down and pushed us passed the rut.... vrrrooomm... over we went. Coming up to another rut, same thing, and the same thing with the rut ofter that... I had to use my feet my to basically push us up the entire rutted hill. ...I could've put Gracie on my back and piggied her up the hill quicker than the 4 wheeler... But Gracie enjoyed it, laughing all the way up the hill.
July 24, 2007
2 Leg Powerd
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I bet ya'll were so cute!!!
Post a Comment