July 01, 2007

No Sleep and Josh's Mud Bath

Yesterday when I got home from work the boys were anxious to go out to Chuck's parents and ride 4wheelers. I really didn't feel like going... I was very tired due to a lack of Suzie sleeping at night... which means I haven't been sleeping at night... I had also remembered that Saturday night church was starting back up.... since I am really wanting this to become a regular thing I decided I had better go... So Suzie and I stayed home, and later went to church.... while Chuck, Josh, Caleb and Gracie went 4wheel ridin'
Suze and I got home from church, changed in to jammies, got a snack and then cuddled in my bed watching a movie. It wasn't too long until Suze fell asleep. I carried her back to her room, laid her down and went back to my bed, ready for some much needed sleep. Just as I was dozing off my phone beeped with a message..... grrr ... I got out of bed. Walked to my phone. Clicked on the message. Opened the picture. And this is what I saw.........

I texted Chuck back asking if Josh was ok. He replied yes..... and since I was sooo tired I went back to bed...

Asleep for just a few minutes and BAM! CRACK, BAM! BAM! ..... YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!... the neighbors were having a cookout and now that it is finally dark (at 10pm) they have decided to set off fireworks.... GRRRR .... and now Suze is crying.. I roll my eyes as I climb out of bed, Again (her room is on the side of the house closest to the neighbors)

Finally Suze gets back to sleep, I crawl back in bed.... and then I hear Chuck's truck. They're home. I hear Chuck tell every one to be quiet but Josh just can't do it. He sneaks into my room while Chuck is putting Gracie to bed....

In a soft whisper I hear, Mom! Mooomm! So I sit up to see Josh with a big'ol smile on his face. "Guess what, Mom" ...and Josh proudly tell me about his crash.

They were playing ball tag on the 4wheelers. Josh was riding parallel to the creek, sideways up a slope. His angle was too steep for the direction he was going. He lost his balance, rolled off the 4wheeler and into the deepest part of the creek (about waist high)..... the 4wheeler rolled in right behind him (landing on top of him. Dont freak. It's not a very big 4wheeler) He said he ducked under water before it hit him. He lost his helmet under the water and had to reach back under the 4wheeler to get it. He was so proud!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That is scary about Josh but I know he felt proud, so glad he wears a helmet. Glad to hear they are starting Saturday night church back again since that is the only way you can go every week.

Love Mom (scared Mamaw)

Rachel Hauck said...

OMG! Josh! Aunt Rachel is also scared! Be careful, son!

Love you all,

Rachel

Heather said...

Boys are fun, aren't they? (You didn't see my eyes rolling, did you? LOL!)
Glad Josh is okay and glad you got a bit of a restful evening before all of that.

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Oh my gosh! I am so glad he is ok..but I have to admit, I laughed out loud when I saw that picture!! I sure hope you get some much needed rest. My little guy left this morning for his dad's for FOUR WEEKS. And the house sure is quiet..whcih is good and bad ya know? Anyway, I do hope you get some rest!

Julie said...

Momma just can't get a break, huh? But I thought that was cute how Josh was so excited. Glad he is okay.