Sunday morning Chuck and the boys went to work in the tobacco field. Chuck has been really busy the last few weeks and I have felt so overwhelmed with all the kids. I rented a few movies for the weekend but hadn't been able to watch my movie yet. Friday night Caleb and I watched 'K1cking and Scre*ming' and I watched 'Ch*rlotte's Web' with Gracie.
Sunday afternoon I laid Suze down for her nap, Gracie was laying in my bed watching TV so I made myself some lunch and popped in my movie. "Because I Said So".... D1ane Keat*n and Mandy M**re, I love both of them so I figured I couldn't lose with my movie choice.
I was right. I really enjoyed the movie. But what made it so special was Gracie. I was about half way through my lunch when Gracie walked into the living room. She spied my lunch and asked if she could sit down and "share yo lunch?" It was so cute!
There we sat, watching a mother-daughter movie, sipping D1et Peps1 and munching on carrots and dip.... we crunched on a few Cheet*es, too, just for a few extra calories..... I had about half my ham sandwhich left, Gracie cuddled up to me and asked if she could "share a bite of my sanwhick". We finished off the carrots and dip, Gracie tilted her head and asked, "Can we share mo karwots and di-ep?".... meaning she wanted me to get more out of the Frig...
We finished our (My) lunch and then cuddled on the couch together. Gracie kept telling me to "scooch over, Mommy"... apparently she needed more room on the couch... I would laugh at different scenes in the movie and Gracie would say, "Whass so funny Mommy?" Then she would say, "We besses freends" and "I gwow up. And gwow and gwow. Then I be big like you, Mommy"
It was such a sweet afternoon. Suzie woke up before the movie was over so I went in to get her. Gracie said, "I go wif you, Mommy. You need help to get Suzie" We brought Suze out to the living room and Gracie suggested we all sit on the couch together and watch the movie. Suzie snuggled up with her passy and blanky. ..... mmmmm, so sweet...
August 15, 2007
An Afternoon To Remember
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Too, too sweet. Gracie loves her mommy!!
Rachel
Oh my gosh - that WARMS MY HEART all over!!! I'm serious. That is the absolute best. I love how you paraphrase what Gracie says and how she says it....I can just hear her.
Also, did you like Kicking and Screaming? WE just thought it was a riot, but it takes a certain sense of humor.....
And I loved Charlotte's Web too AND I liked the Because I said so movie also. All good ones!!!
Hey Bek, this is so sweet, a good memory. Grandma and I watched "Because I Said So" a couple of weeks ago - we laughed and laughed.
Love Mom
Post a Comment