August 17, 2007

Morning...Coffee??

It's early. I've been up since 4:30.... yes, that is am ... My morning ritual is to stop at the local Gas-n-Sip and get my morning mix-o-Joe.... 3/4 cup coffee, 1/4 cup french vanilla cappuccino. mmm, mmm, good... It's been a slow morning.... aside from one of the factory's alarm getting activated by accidental trip, then the paper getting stuck in the feed, which, in turn, upset the alarm and made it very angry. RANT! BUZZ!... RANT! RANT! BUZZZZZZ! yes, it is quite loud.... It's a very old alarm system and the alarm box sits about, mmmm, 4 feet from me...
So you can see my morning got off to a fabulous start. I logged into my bloglines and checked out every one that posted since yesterday morning.... not too many so I was done with that rather quickly...
Spinning my chair around I notice the local paper.... we get the paper at home but I never get to sit down to read it.... can't imagine why... I snap the paper open, lay it out on the desk and read on. Not wanting to lift my eyes from the riveting ( yea! right!) news article I reach for my coffee..... note: it's in a styrofoam cup... I grab what feels like the cup and pull it to my lips.... hmmh... This isn't my coffee!! I pull my head back to see that I am about to take a sip from a roll of toilet paper.... more like sand paper... We steal rolls of toilet paper from the bathroom to keep in dispatch to blow our little noses.... which after you blow your nose with this toilet paper your nose feels like that little animated character on that one Kleenex commercial....
.... LOL, which that reminds me of a night long, long ago when one of my brother's friends came up with a slogan for toilet paper. "If it don't wipe it off, it'll wipe it out" .... I know that may lose a lot in translation, but trust me, it was hysterical at the time....
So, back to my morning. I put the roll of toilet paper down, grab my "cup"... which is empty... roll my eyes.... cuz I never do that... and go to the kitchen to get some more coffee. Sitting back at my desk and looking at the paper, I decide to blog about this...... and still have yet to read the paper. Oh well, I guess I will wait to read it when I get home.... yea right

2 comments:

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

I just hope you don't try to wipe your butt with the coffee.

Sounds like you've had an EXCITING morning. ha ha

That did crack me up though...thinking of you "drinking" your toilet paper roll. And I know what you mean about the toilet paper in public places sometimes...really coarse. In fact, you might BE better off wiping with the coffee now that I think about it.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Heather said...

I really hope the rest of your day is more exciting and you get to read your paper.
I'm trying right now to get all of the kdis outside at the same time and stay there. One of them always has to be in for something or other.
Have a great day!