September 03, 2007

More Gracie Bits

We spent yesterday afternoon out at Chuck's parents. Julia, my niece, decided she wanted to hook up the little wagon to her 4 wheeler and pull the girls around. She put some blankets down to soften the what-will-be bumpy ride. The girls got in, all sittin-pretty and smilin, patiently waiting for the ride to begin. For safety purpose an adult needed to ride with them so I guess I was the obvious choice.

Off we went, swaying side to side in the wagon as Julia pulled us down the one lane road. Julia turned off the black top and onto the dirt path, heading back home. The dirt path wasn't as smooth as the pavement and we jostled along. Suzie wasn't too sure of all this bumpiness so she crawled up on my lap. Gracie giggled with every jolt and jitter.

About half way home Gracie says, "Mommy, your B**bies are shakin." I laughed, "Yes, that happens. You'll have b**bies some day too." With a seriousness in her voice she says, "I have b**bies. I have LITTLE b**bies."... if she takes after my side of the family, they wont be little for long... She said it loud enough that Julia heard her over the whrrr of the 4 wheeler. Julia started laughing and jerked the 4 wheeler. She had us weaving and wobbling side to side

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Later that evening we were all sitting outside. Gracie wanted "Mo grink" (more drink) so Rick (brother-in-law) put some Peps! in her sippy cup.... now anyone who has put a carbonated drink in a sippy cup knows that it builds up pressure and bubbles...

We were chatting about nothing and watching the kids on the 4 wheelers. Gracie took a few sips out of her cup. Out of the corner of my eye I see Gracie....

She holds her cup out, looking at it, then brings it back closer to her face. Squinting her left eye she looks into the spout of the cup with her right eye, trying to examine inside the cup. In a quiet voice she intently says to herself, "what da he11 is dis thing doin?!" Angel and I look across at each other, Edith stops dead in her tracks. A long silent pause, followed by an eruption of laughter.

I covered my face with my hands, Angel pulled the collar of her shirt up, trying to conceal our laughter from Gracie. Edith turned her back, her shoulders shaking. Snickering and snorting, tears running down our faces, our efforts to hide our amusement from Gracie was in vain. She stood there looking side to side, her face cocked with half a smile, trying to figure out what was going on.

Slowly we settle down, wiping the tears from our faces.

Chuck heard our cackling and came to see what was so hysterical. I start to tell the story, glance over at Angel, and off we go again.... Laughing. Howling. Crying.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

The other night I was getting ready for bed. As I pulled my jammy shirt over my head Gracie came in and said, "Hey Mommy. Yo fowgot yo belt." I laughed and told Gracie, "It's not a belt. It's called a Bra." Matter of factly Gracie replies, "Oh. Why Yo fowgot yo bwra?"

6 comments:

Heather said...

This is funny, I have a swewaring story about Steven I'm about to post.
Steven also likes to comment while I'm getting dressed. The first time he noticed he said, "Nice chest, Mom." I'm sure he meant it as a compliment, but I am always worried that he'll try to compliment someone else or make a comment like that to a very busty woman or something.

Megan Cobb said...

Oh those are tooo too toooooooo funny. Bean went through a phase of saying "Sh*t!" under her breath on occasion if she dropped something. It is HARD not to laugh. SO HARD! She's stopped it now. We held our breaths the entire time my parents were here, but she never said it the whole time, thank goodness. I am still wondering WHERE ON EARTH she picked it up. Certainly wasn't ME. ;)

Anonymous said...

ROTFLOL!!!!!!!! she's hilarious!

Mari said...

I love kids quotes. They are so funny. I saw your post on my blog about your Dad. I can relate - My Mom passed away 4 years ago at 69. Certain days (like birthdays) bring back those memories, and like you said there are tear, but it's nice to have the memories. Thinking of you today.

Anonymous said...

The boobies story so cute and. . . oh my gosh, little pictures have BIG ears.:o) She is so funny.
Love Mamaw

Jenifer said...

That's too funny!

My daughter said to me one day as I am changing.... "Mommy, is that your bra?" I said, "Yes, Paige, it is." She said, "Oh. You put your boobies in there?"

"Yes Paige I do."

Then in the tub the other night she says "Look Mommy I have Boobies!" I said, "Yes Paige you do." She says, "They have red things on them!"...."Yup, they are called nipples." Paige," Nuh uh Mommy, nipples are what Cayden has on his bubba!"

Um ...yeah.

AND we have shot soda spray across the room numerous times out of our sippy cup. I give Paige soda as a treat every once in awhile. She still calls it "picky" because she says the carbonation "picks" her tongue!!