Chuck was up and out of the house by 6am to help set things up at the Fire house. The girls and I were up by 7. We took our time eating breakfast and getting ready for the day. The Parade didn't start until 10:30 but we headed up town about 9 to get a spot along the parade route.
We found a place to park and walked up to the Fire house. I found my Ya's with their lawn chairs set up and ready. Well, actually they found me, yelling at me as I walked passed them. I set up my chair next to theirs and went to find Chuck and the boys. Chuck was eating a piece of chicken... the chicken is supposed to be for after the parade... at the Fire house and the boys were on the School Appreciation float.
Everyone was in place and doing fine. Gracie and I took a potty break and headed back to my Ya's. The kids played together and us mommys caught up on how every one was doing.
(The Ya's consist of 6 dispatcher that worked at the County years ago. We all still dispatch but for different agencies. Some of us still work together, and some don't. But we try to get together a few times a year.)
It was a perfect day to have a Parade. The air was cool. The sun was warm. And the company was enjoyable.
My brother didn't get to come up Friday night but he got here after the parade. My sil, Julie, and nephew, Asa, came too. We had a good time with the kids. Asa was a little hesitant to get on some of the rides, but he loved the giant slide.
A clown riding a toilet. There was a cute sign on the back but I didn't get a picture
The Parade from my view point.
Julia and Gracie on the Frog Hopper. Gracie loved this ride. She giggled and squealed, her eyes watered and her face got red. Every time the ride was over, she was ready to get back on.
Races on the slide. Josh is coming down fast. Caleb and Gracie are right on his tail. Pete and Asa are bringing up the rear
Bye Bye





7 comments:
Waaa! I miss everything. That last picture is so cute! Send it to me!
I'm glad Pete was able to go up!
Love you, Rachel
All looked like a whole lot of fun!
That looked like so much fun! And your Ya's sound like a group of my friends from Atlanta... only we call ourselves the Yayas. :) Awesome picutures. What did the sign on the back of the potty say?
aggg - fall activities . Gotta love em. Makes me all excited!! Looks like your kiddos had fun.
Speaking of rides, Brandon is just dying to go to Six Flags....his birthday is in January and I don't even know if they are open in January..so he is asking if we can go in December. We shall see.
Loved the pictures!
Your picture reminds me of a story. I was Captain on an Engine in a Veterans Day parade. We had a friggin boat load of Jr. Miss Scholarship recipients riding on top of our 55' Telesquirt (ladder). Directly in front of us in the procession were about 6 drunk Shriners on Go Carts (I'm not lying, everyone of them were "tanked"). They were circling and weaving and stabbing their brakes, and driving like maniacs, so needless to say we gave them some room. One of these idiots circled around and headed straight for my Engine while he was looking and waving at the crowd. He wasn't stopping so I stomped the airhorn and my driver stomped the brakes. This a-hole runs right under the front bumper of my fire truck full tilt. It sounded like we hit a moose! To make it worse One of the teenage girls atop the truck was suddenly hanging from the tip of our ladder staring me in the face with a frightened look like I had never seen before. I looked in the mirror and there were Jr. Misses hanging all over the side of my rig. (fortunately none fell) We were doing all of 5 mph, mind you. So I jump out to check on the drunk Shriner fully expecting him to be dead....NOPE. He was crawling out from the back of my front tire. His go cart was wedged under the front bumper and I have absolutely no clue how it didn't decapitate him. He must have dove off right before he was hit. Anyway. The parade came to a screeching halt while other emergency crews responded only to find out not a soul was injured. The drunk Shriner was carted off to jail though for a DUI on a go cart while the other 5 mysteriously disappeared! True Story.
Great time, too bad Pete, Julie and Asa couldn't get up there sooner. Last pic so cute.
Love Mom
Looks like a very fun event. We have something a bit similar in town, but it is always held in the Spring...
I love events where you run into people you haven't seen in a long time and you get to catch up...so much fun!
Post a Comment