October 10, 2007

Im A Star






...or at least a Disco Ball.



Janean passed to blogging award on to me several days ago. I've been so busy with parades and festivals that I haven't had time to thank her. So here's to you, Janean...."Thank you. Thank you!"
I'd have to say that my 'Blogging Star' is my sister, Rachel. She is truly a bright and shining star, incredibly beautiful, inside and out. She is full of spiritual wisdom, charm and grace.... No, I am not going to quote the Miss America pageant... Her heart is tender and sincere. Laughter is quick from her bubbly personality. The love of Jesus radiates from her. Her eyes sparkle with His light.

She makes me laugh.... like the time she got mad at our brother and wanted to smack him. She didn't want to hurt him and ended up hitting him like a big geeky sissy. Pete and I rolled...

She makes me cry.... or I should say 'lets' me cry when I call her upset and weary from life's trials...

She makes me think.... like when she calls me from a dressing room because she's found a great pair of pants on sale but they don't have her size. Should she buy one size larger or one size smaller?? Hmmm. Neither....

Even though we are separated by great distance, she is more than my sister. She is one of my (as Gracie would say) bestest freends, Evor and Evor.

8 comments:

Edward said...

Oh, bad form, 'beks. You can't link to someone with a broken link.

Rebekah said...

oK, I fixed my link problemo. Thanks to Eduardo.
Hey, Im a poet and didnt know it

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

You deserve it :)

Raquel said...

Makes me want to be her friend!

Anonymous said...

Bek your relationship w/Rachel really blesses me - I thank the Lord for both of you.

Love Mom

Mari said...

What a great award. And I think it is so neat that you passed it to your sister. Congratulations!

Rachel Hauck said...

Wow! You make me cry! How's that fair.

You are the delight of my life, sister. Came ten years too late, I thought at the time, but God knew exactly what He was doing.

I still remember Dad coming to school to tell me "it's a girl." I jumped into his arms.

Still remember rushing home from school to see you, sleeping in a white bassinet next to mom, who didn't look tired, but gorgeous.

I said, "She's red." LOL.

I love you. Thanks for letting me parent vicariously through you, and for letting me be a part of your life and your family!

Tony and I both love you!

Rachel

Nicki said...

The only two people that can have such a unique and special relationship like this is two sisters. The bond is so special.